Madison Scouts 2011

<But they have got to get trumpets in the upper register to pull it off!>

There are many of us here (and in fan-dom) who noticed...immediately...that the 2010 show was missing this very important piece. The keys of both arrangements this year were low - they may have been 'correct' - but in comparison to 75, they were LOOOOOW.

The Scouts have few signature works that don't feature the upper soprano register. It's a major focus of their identity. I love a balanced horn line - lots of contra and euph...but Madison needs at least 4 guys with great high registers - at least to top F.

With that - they can have their pick of so many different historical examples.

Personally...I think the judges will let them go retro for another year...then they'll start complaining about the same things they did before the big fall off. And Madison will get pressure to 'update' -

I think they should save Maleguena for when they have a legitimate shot at the title again, which probably isn't 2011. Maybe an "Ice Castles, Rembrance, and Malaga" show? I gotta say (and I know im in the minority here) please for all that is holy go back to the mid 90's uniform. This years uni while clearly a hit with madison alumns just seemed incredibly bland and colorless on the field. Bring back the glitz and the glamor!!!

I think they should save Maleguena for when they have a legitimate shot at the title again, which probably isn't 2011. Maybe an "Ice Castles, Rembrance, and Malaga" show? I gotta say (and I know im in the minority here) please for all that is holy go back to the mid 90's uniform. This years uni while clearly a hit with madison alumns just seemed incredibly bland and colorless on the field. Bring back the glitz and the glamor!!!

Dude...this uni is EPIC!! I hope it stays around for 10 years or better! :smile:

Dude...this uni is EPIC!! I hope it stays around for 10 years or better! :smile:

And I actually prefer the finals night neckerchief version to the necktie version!

One Word:

BARTOK!!

:smile:

On a more serious note, I loved the Rush concept someone earlier had. To my knowledge hasn't been attempted and there is some great music they could use to get the crowd going. Just no Geetars please.