Madison Scouts 2011

For 2011, someone should kidnap John Williams, force him to pose for embarrassing pictures and video of him with a sheep or a donkey, and then threaten to post the pics and vids all over the internet and call TMZ unless Williams agrees to give the Madison Scouts the rights to perform all the music from Star Wars.

The day Madison does a Michael Jackson show is the day I burn my jacket and hang myself.

I love the old school songs;

Numero Uno

Malaguena

Strawberry Soup

Ice Castles

Brian's Song

I would love to hear any of these on the field again, but I have the upmost trust in Mr. Mason. As long as it isn't some cheesy modern rock (ala the horrifying M.J. suggestion) - I'm completely on board.

20th Anniversay of "City of Angels" ... it's broadway and with an updated drill and guard this would be a killer show! But they have got to get trumpets in the upper register to pull it off!

Maybe something with an Iguana theme ... Or maybe Luchadores ... Or both?

Wrestling + Reptiles = Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles???!!!

Are you INSANE, MAN?!??!!!

Waaaait a minute....Just add the girl....and... :smile:

Pirates! That's all I'm sayin'

Although I doubt Mr. Mason and the creative team may consider it for 2011, how about music from the group "Rush?"

Be great to see what music gurus Mr. Prime and Mr. Hannum would come up with for that! Plus get some rock music fans to take a liking to the activity!!

In other words, a lot of people want Madison in 2011 to be Madison in 1980.

Makes me wonder if a lot of folks here want meatloaf and mashed potatoes every night for dinner. Comfort food has a place, but no one should be eating it every day.

Madison got a year of comfort food to get themselves back into finals. But if they keep going back to a well from 30 years ago for programming ideas, they'll soon establish themselves as the best consistent 9th or 10th place corps in drum corps, and I imagine Mason and company recognize that. Why not hope for them to establish some NEW classics rather than just being their own alumni corps show?

THANK YOU!!! Especially when you have the caliber of design team that Madison now has, I don't think you want to do rehash shows, which kind of limits the design teams efforts.