Madison Scouts 2011

I wouldn't mind a return of Jesus Christ Superstar. How long has it been since a top 12 corps like Madison (that sounds good doesn't it) has done a Broadway based show?

this

I want SOMEONE to do Broadway again. I want the Scouts to do Gipsy Kings. How about combining it and doing their Zorro The Musical.

GO HERE

Met Jim, Jr. Knew his Mom and Dad pretty well (I think of Jim Sr. as a wonderful mentor), and hmm- if Jim would read this- perhaps take a look at something I believe he was involved with a long time ago and re-visit it.

How about Clifton Williams' Symphonic Dance #3, "Fiesta" ???

If anyone could write a tasty, in your face Scouts version of that-- he certainly could, and if he did, it'd be way cool. :smile:

He already did. 1992 Hawthorne Caballeros...it was our opener and we took home the brass trophy at DCA Championships that year.

I miss the days when drum corps would dig into their past & play songs that they played before & were considered classics for them. The Scouts have enough of a history of great music to draw from to play songs from the 70's & 80's that many younger fans have never heard.

I would love to hear the follwing:

Numero Uno

Anything from the 1995 show

Maybe a bit of 'Guena & Castles.

Edited by FlamMan

On a more serious note, I loved the Rush concept someone earlier had. To my knowledge hasn't been attempted and there is some great music they could use to get the crowd going. Just no Geetars please.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

get off my lawn with all that NOISE

:smile:

I can't whistle that crap so IMHO, NO, NO , NO

Besides, I'm in the mood for some Jet tone ( one word or two ? ) love.

play songs from the 70's & 80's but from other corps not around anymore:

option 1

Title: Aquellos que Vinieron Antes -"Those that came before" (I think that is right???)

Spanish Dreams (Bridgemen)

Tiger of San Pedro (Guardsmen)

La Fiesta (Muchachos)

Cookout/ Ole! (North Star)

:smile::tongue:

option 2

Flash Gordon (the Queen Soundtrack)

Just my "drive by middle finger" to the G7

play songs from the 70's & 80's but from other corps not around anymore:

option 1

Title: Aquellos que Vinieron Antes -"Those that came before" (I think that is right???)

Spanish Dreams (Bridgemen)

Tiger of San Pedro (Guardsmen)

La Fiesta (Muchachos)

Cookout/ Ole! (North Star)

:whistle::thumbup:

option 2

Flash Gordon (the Queen Soundtrack)

Just my "drive by middle finger" to the G7

:smile::tongue::blink:

May I offer you a beer from my cooler ?

Had the pleasure of playing some of Jim Prime's Arrangements at the Rochester Crusaders in 2008 & 2009. One of the most amazing and humble Gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure of knowing I'm sure what ever Jim Mason and Jim have up there sleeves. Madison will rock the House the only way Madison knows how. IN YOUR FACE RAW POWER!!

Edited by Forever_Knight

I'd love to hear another "Jim Prime Arranges Madison Classics" show, too...but if they wanted to go in a completely different direction, a full Michael Jackson (Thriller & Off the Wall era) show could be amazingly cool. Guard & DM wearing one white glove, all the opportunities for dance that DCI seems to love these days, and potentially a killer book as well.

Take your pick from "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'," "Beat It," "Don't Stop til you Get Enough," "Workin' Day and Night"...just to name a few.

(just think about van Halen's guitar solo in "Beat It" as a scream soprano...err...trumpet solo; that'd have me throwing babies!

No...just no...

I wouldn't mind a return of Jesus Christ Superstar. How long has it been since a top 12 corps like Madison (that sounds good doesn't it) has done a Broadway based show?

We did Broadway in '05.