Will BD and SCV have any California shows

West coast fans have long complained (rightfully so) that the west coast gets the short end of the stick. There are no late season shows on the west coast, and they generally only get to see the west coast corps, except sometimes when another corps will travel out there.

Quoted from the WSODC thread:

Thursday, June 16, 2011 San Antonio, TX

Friday, June 17, 2011 Dallas/Denton, TX

Sunday, July 11, 2011 Omaha, NE

BD and SCV are part of the group that has requested these dates as show dates for the Greedy7 from DCI.

This means that BD is requesting to be 30 hours travel time from Concord on June 16, and 25 hours driving time from Concord on July 11.

SCV has requested to be 28 hours from Santa Clara on June 16, and 26 hours from Santa Clara on July 11.

Likely, this means that BD and SCV would have to leave California around June 12th, and they would be able to return to California on June 21st. Then, BD and SCV would need to leave for Nebraska around July 6. This leaves them 14 days on the west coast, but with significantly extra travel expenses.

Wouldn't it make more logistical sense for BD and SCV to hang out in the Texas/Nebraska area for those 2 weeks? Do BD and SCV think they will make up the extra travel costs at the Texas shows? Remember that SCV didn't have their closer on the field until the 2nd week of July this year. What product on they going to have on display in the middle of June?

Are BD and SCV planning to perform on the west coast in 2011?

amended question per Jeff Ream's response in post #2: Are BD and SCV requesting to not have any shows in California in 2011?

Edited by soccerguy315

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first you have to consider the fact that the WSODC even happens.

dunno. that part was never spelled out. like the original plan, there were many details to be added later

Likely, this means that BD and SCV would have to leave California around June 12th, and they would be able to return to California on June 21st. Then, BD and SCV would need to leave for Nebraska around July 6. This leaves them 14 days on the west coast, but with significantly extra travel expenses.

Wouldn't it make more logistical sense for BD and SCV to hang out in the Texas/Nebraska area for those 2 weeks?

No. They have paydays and show-hosting opportunities back in California, ample time to get there for two show weekends, and probably the usual string of DCI shows leading them across the Rockies to Denver on July 9.

dunno. that part was never spelled out. like the original plan, there were many details to be added later

Details? We ain't got no details. We don't need no details! I don't have to show you any stinkin' details! ($1 to the script writer of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre )

Having more top corps in California shows was the ONLY part of the original announcements by the G7 corps that I thought was reasonable. I have seen nothing proposed that has ANYTHING to do with this concept. The shows they have proposed so far actually will pull them away more and/or will cost much more to go back and forth. Seems like a thinly disguised PR stunt to get their own fan bases on board.

I believe part of the G7 plan has two midwest/east corps going west for the early season.

I see two California weekends coming in 2011 after the first week in June.

I would expect Cavies and maybe Cadets going west this time around.

PR and Bluecoats have been west recently.

Revolution came to the West Coast in 2010. Seeing San Anotnio is early, maybe Crossmen and Revo come out to California, along with the two G7's next year?

What if Stanford, then the follwing weeks' SoCal tour looked like this:

World Class

BD

SCV

Troopers

Crossmen

The two G7 corps from midwest or east

Cascades

Maybe Academy and Pacific Crest at Stanford?

Plus the Open Class corps from California and Revolution. All Age: Renegades and Dream

I think early season would be pretty good out here. :tongue:

Also, California has the OC corps, All Age, and some World Class sticking around past July. Still can have some great shows out here, even when BD and SCV leave.