Pioneer

Roman needs to fly me in to have a serious discussion. Thats the start. Where would my vision take Pioneer? Finals.

Jersey Surf, a weekend only corps, whom I aged out from, and whom I also love dearly, has beat Pioneer, a full touring corps now for how many years now?

The pain of losing all these years must be because of a ton of waste top to bottom, and I want to be the one to bring the broom in and let the members expeirence the joy of winning again. Pioneer has been there before....

If I have to make my feelings public to make this happen, fine. Whatever it takes.

Two years is all I need. I don't wake up everyday and operate with a part time hobbyist bowling league mentality.

Pioneer MUST make a comeback.

on a side note- We've already got them playing the best drums now ;)

Sweet! Go for it.

Edited by thirdcoast

So, if I fly (or drive) myself in, do I get to try and change things to help Pioneer from the stand point I wish, which is not as a volunteer, but as a show consultant? I, like most, have some terrific ideas and ways that could help Pioneer, but just showing up on your own dime doesn't get you the ability to have those heard. So, maybe Roman should fly someone in as he see fits.

Maybe Roman himself should post his thoughts here.

Maybe Roman himself should post his thoughts here.

yeah, I don't see that happening. Murray posts here occasionally, but I don't see Roman posting here.

The problems at Pioneer begin and end with money.

1. You want Pioneer to remain traditional but at the same time grow with more students and have a stepped up program, better buses, better food? Give the corps money.

2. You want to see Pioneer climb the scoreboard? Give the corps more money.

3. You want to see more success from Pioneer's recruiting effort? Give the corps more money.

4. You want to help the efforts for Pioneer to introduce young people from around the world to competitive drum corps? Give the corps more money.

The corps I choose to support have the same needs. All of these organizations have a need for money. If there was enough money to keep all this going for the long term, there would be no talk of G7...the World Series of Drumcorps.

This whole thing comes down to money.

yeah, I don't see that happening. Murray posts here occasionally, but I don't see Roman posting here.

1. You want Pioneer to remain traditional but at the same time grow with more students and have a stepped up program, better buses, better food? Give the corps money.

3. You want to see more success from Pioneer's recruiting effort? Give the corps more money.

4. You want to help the efforts for Pioneer to introduce young people from around the world to competitive drum corps? Give the corps more money.

The corps I choose to support have the same needs. All of these organizations have a need for money. If there was enough money to keep all this going for the long term, there would be no talk of G7...the World Series of Drumcorps.

Yep, your right.

Tom, I appreciate that all corps require funding and that for most if not all it is an ongoing struggle. However, to say their problems begin and end with money isn't looking at the big picture. Changes for Pioneer need to happen that will remove important decision making from a dictatorial model and allow several opinions and areas of expertice be involved. Money will ensure the corps is fielded every year, a lot of money will make for nice equipment and busses, maybe even enough money will buy Blue Devils entire design team. And they will still get last, because their expertice will be run through the Roman filter and their product will be as we have come to expect. Entertaining to a degree, but competitvely non-functional.

Changes for Pioneer need to happen that will remove important decision making from a dictatorial model and allow several opinions and areas of expertice be involved. Money will ensure the corps is fielded every year, a lot of money will make for nice equipment and busses, maybe even enough money will buy Blue Devils entire design team. And they will still get last, because their expertice will be run through the Roman filter and their product will be as we have come to expect. Entertaining to a degree, but competitvely non-functional.

Too true!

Pioneer is better today then it was yesterday, as of 12:10 pm est.