Pioneer

Alright, now to change the subject slightly, not in a bad way either.

I was watching Sportscenter this morning and saw that the Oakland Raiders have hired a new head coach.

Just out of curiosity, no disrespect at all intended, but when they mentioned Al Davis (Raiders owner) I immediately thought of Roman Blenski. I can think of a few items that they might be alike on.

What do you think?

Alright, now to change the subject slightly, not in a bad way either.

I was watching Sportscenter this morning and saw that the Oakland Raiders have hired a new head coach.

Just out of curiosity, no disrespect at all intended, but when they mentioned Al Davis (Raiders owner) I immediately thought of Roman Blenski. I can think of a few items that they might be alike on.

What do you think?

One big difference is Raiders getting a new coach after improving will #### off my wife as she's a fan (go figure...). Then again she hasn't met Al Davis but has talked to CG...

As for improving but getting rid of people.... hmmmmm.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I will guess that on first tour Pio will have 38 horns. I could be wrong.

What Pioneer needs to do is to make better choices every day because what Pio has done in the past is not working. It is not just the DA thing, go back and read my 2010 DCP posts about Pioneer and they will look very similar to what I am saying today.

Pump up Pio all you want to, without real change Pio [ on the field] will continue to drift in the wrong direction.

Hat's off to Roman. I wish him well.

Again with the Irony. As if any corps leadership would take your advice on what choices to make. This isn't RAMD but there are hundreds of DCPers that know your history and are laughing their butts off at your recent posts....

• Like 7

Again with the Irony. As if any corps leadership would take your advice on what choices to make. This isn't RAMD but there are hundreds of DCPers that know your history and are laughing their butts off at your recent posts....

That's the truth!

• Like 2

That's the truth!

These unmitigated personal off topic attacks are clearly against DCP rules.

With Tulsa released, Redemption finished [" a masterpiece" - trumpeter Michael Faulk] and Completion mixed down , I will be the one who will have the last laugh believe it. I am not going to even try to defend myself here. This topic is about making Pioneer better; those who are honest and want to see Pioneer make the right changes in the future to become better, and those who will continue to support what Pioneer does even if they continue to make so many bad mistakes. Take it from someone who has made poor choices before, you can either become better or remain bitter. Order a copy of Redemption. I will let what comes out of my bell to defend myself. I remain a very happy man.

These unmitigated personal off topic attacks are clearly against DCP rules.

With Tulsa released, Redemption finished [" a masterpiece" - trumpeter Michael Faulk] and Completion mixed down , I will be the one who will have the last laugh believe it. I am not going to even try to defend myself here. This topic is about making Pioneer better; those who are honest and want to see Pioneer make the right changes in the future to become better, and those who will continue to support what Pioneer does even if they continue to make so many bad mistakes. Take it from someone who has made poor choices before, you can either become better or remain bitter. Order a copy of Redemption. I will let what comes out of my bell to defend myself. I remain a very happy man.

we all want Pioneer to be better. we just dont take shots at people and other corps along the way

• Like 3

Jeff you would never take a shot at anyone.

Ugh...

not on here no.

• Like 1

As a former Pioneer staff member, I can tell you that good staff have come and gone over at Pioneer because of the incredibly horrible way that staff members are treated. I was treated like trash by most staffers from day one. I had experience winning first place with Holst in Eb where I learned from the late Dr. Robert Morsh from Georgia State University. That was in 1980. Roman has hired staff members, quite frankly who in my opinion do not have any top 12 DCI experience and do not know what they are doing. I will give you one example. I was taught how to march by top 12 DCI marching instructors like Russell Stanton [ Comodores, SCV, Suncoast, Spirit, CSA]. On my very first day at Pioneer I started teaching marching concepts word for word just like I was taught by Russell, and a member of Pioneer's visual staff with no DCI top 12 experience started telling eveyone that I did not know what I was doing.

Dr. Michael E. Schmidt

http://www.trumpetofthelord.com

Please disabuse me of any assumptions on my part here, but you went into a situation without apparently talking beforehand with the other visual staff about what approaches to drill/technique you were going to incorporate so as to all be on the same page? What kind of hierarchy was set up beforehand as far as the visual staff was concerned? I don't care if you are walking into a scene with all 22 year olds on a staff with no previous drum corps experience, much less top 12 experience, jumping in like that guns blazing (whether or not you were aware that was the way your approach was going to come off) is only going to end badly for you and everyone else. I would suggest that despite learning whatever info you gleaned from all the names you are dropping like so many loose toothpicks, you never really learned about the process.

Just like everything else in this activity, visual instruction should be approached with a build up of knowledge, which acknowledges and uses everything that came before, but by all means, let's roll things back to 1980.

• Like 5