Roc weather - first look

Oh man... almost forgot about that.

That was wild... that rain came out of nowhere and really opened up on you guys. I think at least one other corps (Kilties? I don't remember) got caught in the rain that day, too. Then the rain stopped... and the skies cleared again. Weird.

It's a northeast conspiracy/plot, I tell ya!

:-)

I kill me...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it really doesn't matter what eastern city would host the championships. I will say that chance of rain down here in FL is 20% Hopefully all the precipitation will stay east of Rochester. If it does it then it will give everyone something more to complain about Rochester.

All depends if Earl makes a left or a right. Makes a left, have fun and I hope you have your rain gear, I'll be spending the weekend cleaning up from the party :thumbup: If Earl make a right then we are OK.

As of right now, LI is in the cone for Friday. Wonderful.

you know... and Don will back me up on this... Punta Gorda above Ft. Myers is "little Rochester" and believe me, it's not the slums... it's definitely the high rent district... but that last hurricane there leveled that place.... and our media definitely tempered the reporting - "who wants to hear rich retired people complain" - truth is - losing everything hurts no matter what your bank account is or how much insurance you have...

I have to agree, that was total devestation. Those big-a... overhead highway signs on I-70 were a mass of scrap aluminum on the side of the road. A day or so after the storm came through, we got a call at the office from the airport looking to buy a windcone. When my sales rep asked what happened to the old one the guy on the phone said "Charlie took it." After a few minutes we figured out that is wasn't a person, but a hurricane.

As of right now, LI is in the cone for Friday. Wonderful.

Well then, I'm glad I'll be in Rochester on Thursday!!!! :thumbup:

this is the one time being 400 miles from NYC is a good thing...

hold it... that's ALWAYS a good thing.

I come from Steel City Ambassadors. I have LOTS of experience marching in the rain! :tongue:

:thumbup:

I blame Hawkins and that #### "Stormy Weather".

Hey, all current weather models are in agreement on this one - looks like Earl will skirt the coast and stay over water! Now what to do about all that cool, crisp NY weather........

:thumbup:

I blame Hawkins and that #### "Stormy Weather".

Hey, all current weather models are in agreement on this one - looks like Earl will skirt the coast and stay over water! Now what to do about all that cool, crisp NY weather........

I hope so, because I don't want to deal with a minor hurricane here. But its always good to be prepared, never know. :tongue: Mother Nature can be a ##### :tongue: