Most Improved Corps of 2010

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not close. Madison = most improved.

What he said.

Madison, definitely, and not just because of their hike in the rankings, but also because of their reverting to a more enjoyable type of show. With any luck, they will have started a move to the type of performance that is fan-friendly, and at the same time makes use of the current great drill and guard work, and the high level of musical execution that has become the standard in drum corps.

Madison, definitely, and not just because of their hike in the rankings, but also because of their reverting to a more enjoyable type of show. With any luck, they will have started a move to the type of performance that is fan-friendly, and at the same time makes use of the current great drill and guard work, and the high level of musical execution that has become the standard in drum corps.

Exactly. Drum Corps doesn't have to be all artsy fartsy, In fact it really shouldn't be. :lookaround:

Some appreciation for the just-about-almost bursting into Semis of Pacific Crest!

It's really not close. Madison = most improved.

This.

I was hoping for a bigger jump up to 9th, but it is pretty amazing what the Scouts

accomplished this year considering that there were so many great Corps around them

that they had to get past to make that leap! :lookaround:

I think Madison is hands down the most improved of the year!!

Others that have made major improvements-

Pacific Crest

Spirit

Cascades

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Phantom

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

A lot of corps improved this season some improvements reflected in the scores, others in the product or the quality!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Exactly. Drum Corps doesn't have to be all artsy fartsy, In fact it really shouldn't be. :lookaround:

Keep in mind that some folks find "fan-friendly" can equal "cheezy". And "artsy fartsy" can equal "brilliantly entertaining."

I loved the Madison show, but I enjoyed other shows that were a bit more "complex" even more. And I didn't enjoy the cheese factor in the Cadets' show.

Drum corps is doing a good job of having "different strokes." I hope they keep it up!

This has to be the biggest no brainer ever. Madison Scouts clearly were more improved than any other corps in DCI from 09-10. The midwestern corps are going to be hella competitive with each other in 11.