Most Improved Corps of 2010

I'm going to give a nod to Pac Crest. Very under-rated corps in my eye, got their show really clean and IMO should have made semis.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Pioneer - It's not fair to improve that much and still come in last.

3. The Academy - I thought they were clearly a step above all of the semifinalists (13-17).

2. Blue Knights - I thought their placement was correct but this corps was much better than their recent years' versions that placed higher.

1. Madison - Improve your competitive level while increasing the crowd appeal... sorry, it just can't be done. Wait, the judges moved no one up or down more than three spots from last year except Madison's five spots AND the applause is still ringing.

Honorable Mentions (a nod to the much maligned judges) - Madison moved up five spots, who were the only others to move up as much as three? Bluecoats and Phantom. Yeah, the judges were right, they were noticeably better.

Edited by OICMR corps

Blue Stars definitely made major improvements, especially in brass. I mean I loved their show last year (2009) but compare the sound of 09 and 10....CRAZY huge difference in blend, balance, intonation, and especially TONE of the hornline

1. Madison Scouts (jumped 5 places while going back to the classic style in the heart of an era of not-so-needed change)

2. Bluecoats (first medal ever!!!)

3. Cavaliers (haven't seen them that good or entertaining since 2006)

4. Teal Sound (considering their limited success in Open Class it was amazing to see them as potential semifinalists)

5. Blue Knights (new direction is working for them, should move up next year if they keep at it)

6. Mandarins (largest corps they've ever fielded)

7. Phantom Regiment (on their way back to the top competitively)

8. Blue Stars (showed that they can pull anything off!)

9. Pioneer (another new direction that's working, though not competitively)

10. The Academy (didn't really like the show, but at least they're knocking on the top 12's door)

Edited by MetalTones2012