Your Cheers & Jeers

Cheers:

To Bloo's amazing season

To PR's amazing percussion and a program that will be remembered for a very long time

Jeers:

To the finals contest director for not holding Bloo in the tunnel until the Crown situation was safely under control

To DCI for putting great I&E champions in a compromising position the night of semis

Seconded! I felt so sorry for them. Lucas Oil is probably one of the worst venues I can imagine for that sort of thing. You could barely hear the horn soloist, the guard girl had to stand and wait for at least minute for her music to be restarted because they started it while she was still setting up, and I could tell that the bass drum ensemble (not great instruments for a dome in the first place) had all kinds of vocals that didn't get picked up by the mic at all.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CHEERS:

1. Phantom's opener

2. Crown's Preshow/opener

JEERS:

1. Goosebumps (or lack thereof) - just don't get 'em anymore. Nothing is loud/exciting enough.

2. Encores!!!! Why are they so wimpy anymore? I heard encores from Cavies and BC this year, and after they finished

you could hear a pin drop. Last year during a Blue Devils F tuning, I actually yawned.

Cheers:

1. Blue Stars mellos. Holy crap.

2. BK's music. Will definitely have a spot on my mp3 player.

Jeers

1. BD's music

2. The I&E 'highlights' at semis. Painful.

3. Bawker for his 'contributions' in this thread.

Cheers:

1) To Madison for being....well Madison! :worthy:

2) To Phantom Regiment for putting goosebumps on my goosebumps every time I watch your show :music:

Jeers

1) To all those responsible for the G7 crap that distracted everyone from the season and focusing on improving DCI overall :tongue:

2) To the BD for winning with a chop-shop program that was smoke and mirrors. Well, at least mirrors! :shutup:

CHEERS:

1. Madison Scouts - Back to finals with a force. They did the retro thing and it really worked.

2. Bluecoats - Gave everyone a run for their money this year.

JEERS:

2. XMen - 17th.....WOW, they need to figure themselves out. Glad they broke 80....

Cheers:

1. Crossmen - Cheers for placing 17th with such a very young corps.

2. Pioneer (Marching Members) - Thanks for shouldering all the criticism with grace and dignity.

Jeers:

1. Boorish fan behavior (yes, certain DCP poster, I'm talking to you! You could have shut your stupid friend up Thursday before, during and after Pioneer's performance but choose not to).

2. Tuba sections overly supported by synthesizer.

The Circle Mall was full of "Bieberettes" on Semis day. I assume he had a gig in Indy that night.

He had a gig on Thursday night (Q-Finals). He stayed in the Westin (as did I). When I was trying to get up to my room Thurs night there were about 700,000 12-year-old girls in the elevator shaft pushing elevator buttons because "Justin Bieber just pushed this button."

*gag*

When I was trying to get up to my room Thurs night there were about 700,000 12-year-old girls in the elevator shaft pushing elevator buttons because "Justin Bieber just pushed this button."

*gag*

I wonder if Al Chez or Pat Petrillo got the same reaction??

Sad world we live in....

:tongue:

CHEERS:

1) "This Is My Rifle!"

2) Madison, Madison, Madison!

3) PR's amazing Entrance & Exit

JEER:

1) DCI "Judges", especially Visual & GE