Your Cheers & Jeers

Cheers:

1)The Madison Scouts.

2) Phantom Regiment's flugel soloist.

Jeers:

1) The whole G7 brouhaha.

2) Use of low-end synth and miked soloists (exception being the Bluecoats bari using the mike to create a different, unique effect).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers to the respectful fans out there who know the difference between saying they don't like something, and that something is complete ####. Lots of those in the stands. Increasingly few on here.

Jeers to anybody who thought about booing anything that has to do with young people marching around on a football field.

Cheers:

1. The entire Blue Devils organization. World Class and Open Class World Champions.

2. Phantom Regiment and Madison Scouts for two memorable shows.

Jeers:

1. Any one who booed a corps or a corps member during any point in the season. You deserve to have your ears gummed by a toothless camel.

2. The three teenagers who sat behind me at DCI San Antonio and referred to each corps as a "band".

CHEERS:

1). To the Blue Devils for winning title #14

2). To the Cavaliers for graciously and professionally accepting 2nd place, when I know deep down they think they should have won.

JEERS:

1). To the corps who felt it necessary to double their conta (tuba) lines on a synthesizer n the pit(BOOO!!!!)

2). To the DCI judges who are reluctant to "call a spade a spade" and should have done so during finals week!

fixed

CHEERS:

1. Blue Devils...first undefeated double season in DCI history and done in CONVINCING fashion, virtually untouchable and everyone knew it!

2. All the other participants for a great season!

JEERS:

1. To the haters of ANY drum corps, particularly those who would say stuff like "I hate", "garbage", "unpleasant mess", etc...

2. To DCI, or G7, or whoever it was who let the Open Class Corps, and the smaller corps of whatever type, get cast aside like unimportant "bit players". The WHOLE of it is what makes it special, not only the "elite" groups. Hopefully someone up high will realize that before it's too late!

you do realize that #1 on your "cheers" is #2 on your "jeers" don't you?

CHEERS:

1. The Oregon Crusaders for the highest placement and score in the history of the corps. What an incredible bunch of kids.

2. The Madison Scouts for an incredible show.

JEERS:

1. The G7

2. CNN for waiting until negative press happens to ever report on Drum Corps

Cheers!

1. To the Madison Scouts for entertainment, finding their brand, and for great musical arrangements.

2. To the Canton Bluecoats for continuing to refine their image and brand in a way that doesn't completely change who they are, and for doing it with class and excellent performance levels.

Jeers!

1. Electronic Instruments and Amping. I continue to defend it at times, and I am not saying that it should go away (others are, and I can understand that), but if you are going to use them then learn to USE THEM well and within the fabric of the show where the brass and percussion and guard are still at the center of attention. The Bluecoats, for all the electronics they use, typically handle this element better than anyone. There are many corps that do not, and I saw countless shows where there is just a lack of knowledge about blending these elements, controlling them, and how to design and use such things. I sense a lot of experimentation and not a lot of know how.

2. Music Arranging - too many shows with chopped up musical books. Too much chop shop, popcorn, and effect-based writing and not enough substance in melody, rhythmic development, and good showcasing of the instrument groups.

2. Music Arranging - too many shows with chopped up musical books. Too much chop shop, popcorn, and effect-based writing and not enough substance in melody, rhythmic development, and good showcasing of the instrument groups.

I call it the Downey Syndrome.

I call it the Downey Syndrome.

HAHA.

I see what you did there.

And I feel like I should go to church for laughing at it.... :tongue: