Bluecoats... WTF? =)

The 'Coats DID make a standstill recording that you can download from DCI. Look for the one that says DENISON. This is a recording they did near the end of the Spring Training.

They obviously made numerous changes in the show...like the GREAT ending they put in the last couple of weeks, but this camp recording is FANTASTIC and let's you know exactly why this corps came out of the gate so strong.

Bluecoats have really been a great work in progress over the past few years. If they can hold on to this staff we can all look forward to many outstanding shows in the future.

Can't wait for 2011.

Edited by oldbandguy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison was amazing this season. There is no way they will be challenging the Blue Devils for a medal position next season. Nor a great many of the fantastic corps you listed. That being said, the products put on the field by many of those corps were fantastic productions executed to excellence.

But you're right; any corps with the right combination of talent and heart could win it all. That's why we see such a great variety of DCI Champions crowned season in and season out. In this activity, the parity is so great that resources, staff, retention, finances, etc. are totally removed from the equation. And I'm certainly glad competitive inertia plays no role in how corps are perceived at early season shows which determine the trends for the rest of the season. It's nice to be involved in an activity in which the judges come to the table with a clean slate each year and where anyone could win it all!

Your dreaming. Not only is the MADISON SCOUTS going for the Bluecoats spot, but the Devils anual spot in the top. Dont think for a second that our new staff does not have the top 9 in their sights. Bluecoats will just be one of 9 spots that we will be looking to take back. I preach it every year that there is a goal, get the crowd and pretty soon you will get the score. Big things are a coming for 2011. Top 9 better bring there A game, cause in 2010 the MADISON SCOUTS got the crowd. You know whats next. The Bluecoats are just in the way. See ya next year.

Let's try to discuss the 'Coats here , please, since that's what the topic is about.

Thanks! :hmmm:

As we said in BD...."dehype" :thumbup:

Seriously, tho, statistically, 'Coats are in a good position to win next year. If they can hold it together and not succumb to the pressures of being a returning medalist, they could make a run next year.

BD's always a tough nut to crack, but it CAN be done.

Top 9 better bring their A game

Fixed. Grammar is fun! :thumbup:

:hmmm:

Edited by CMFC4Ever

But you're right; any corps with the right combination of talent and heart could win it all. That's why we see such a great variety of DCI Champions crowned season in and season out. In this activity, the parity is so great that resources, staff, retention, finances, etc. are totally removed from the equation. And I'm certainly glad competitive inertia plays no role in how corps are perceived at early season shows which determine the trends for the rest of the season. It's nice to be involved in an activity in which the judges come to the table with a clean slate each year and where anyone could win it all!

Bold is mine. You're ####### me right? Could be sarcasm. But I can't tell. :thumbup:

Edited by WWonka

1987-1993. That is all.

Kiss my ###, pal.

We produced some EXCELLENT shows during that time period, yes there was some shakiness in the drum line in the first couple of years after Tom Float left, but all in all there were EXCELLENT shows during that period.

You know, I'm a bit embarrassed that I got a little hot just now. Clearly you are just being a troll, and therefore undeserving of my emotional involvement.

Kiss my ###, pal.

We produced some EXCELLENT shows during that time period, yes there was some shakiness in the drum line in the first couple of years after Tom Float left, but all in all there were EXCELLENT shows during that period.

You know, I'm a bit embarrassed that I got a little hot just now. Clearly you are just being a troll, and therefore undeserving of my emotional involvement.

Those WERE kinda the dark years at times....but most corps would kill to have even the finish from 91..

It's not ALL about winning (contrary to what some people think about BD)

Bold is mine. You're ####### me right? Could be sarcasm. But I can't tell. :hmmm:

I'm merely concurring with the immaculate observations of the OP. You mean that isn't how drum corps works? Golly gee whiz...

By the way...Bluecoats were RIDICULOUS! I really, really enjoyed their show. I hope they continue to push and improve for next season! :thumbup:

Which raises the question...Can there be too much blue? Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Blue Knights 1-3 in 2011! You heard it here first!

Edited by DrillmanSop06

LOL, I'm not usually called out on reading comprehension, so you might want to check that again. There was one context: Favorite show.

" Sure, Crown was my favorite show of the year, by far, but Bluecoats were a very strong second."

Where's the 2nd point, the performance level, as it pertains to Bloo and Crown?

OK, entire paragraph:

"People always said how Blue Devils felt like they were on a whole other level from everyone else ... but I don't think I ever heard anyone say that about Bluecoats. That's funny, though, because that's exactly how I felt every time I watched them. I felt like they were just something completely different from anything else out there. Sure, Crown was my favorite show of the year, by far, but Bluecoats were a very strong second."

he doesn't even say what kind of "level," just that BD is "on a different one," lol. In fact, he then admits that Bloo was in some way the same as BD! ("exactly how I felt.") Then he closes with "favorite"...and here we are.

Too funny.

that was by far the most under appreciated high point of the season

and I feel very strongly that at least they got what they definitely deserved slightly

however, They definitely were one of the top contenders this year, along with the Madison Scouts!