Crossmen 1990 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which show did you enjoy more live?

• Crossmen 1990
    • Blue Devils 2010

Simple poll. Which show did you find more enjoyable? If you could choose to watch either of these shows live one more time, which one would it be?

(Please only vote if you saw both shows live.)

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

I voted for Crossmen '90 for two simple reasons:

1. I absolutley love thier Manhatten Transfer program.

2. I have yet to see/hear anything from 2010 yet. (and probably won't for a while)

Having seen both shows Crossmen over ten, Blue Devils eight, I would love to see Blue Devils again, there is just too much going on and evey time I saw it, there was something I missed. While Crossmen 90, one of my favorite shows was jam-packed with color, melody, and GE....it was also limited in the experience one could have while explirong it. It was a good time, while 2010 BD is/was more of a puzzle to construct.

I think I feel this is just another thinly veiled attempt to put down the 2010 BLue Devils nad their sheer awesomeness.

Curious, how old were you in 1990..and what is the purpose of choosing them..why would you choose a corps you never saw ??

G

Curious, how old were you in 1990..and what is the purpose of choosing them..why would you choose a corps you never saw ??

I was 1 when they performed it. It's one of my favorites...that's why I chose it. I actually find watching a video of that show more enjoyable than seeing BD 2010 live, so that gave me the idea for this poll to see what others think.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

I voted for Crossmen '90 for two simple reasons:

1. I absolutley love thier Manhatten Transfer program.

2. I have yet to see/hear anything from 2010 yet. (and probably won't for a while)

Small Correction. It was New York Voices and the CD that Crossmen took the charts from is a brilliant listen. I still listen to that at night sometimes. Had Crossmen not done this show, I never would have discovered this great vocal group!

I voted Crossmen as well. They improved so much from 1989 and really blew me away with the closer. UNBELIEVABLE energy and push to the end. Just flat out better music selection and they were rock solid performers. They even came pretty close to catching us at the first show of the year .... I think Hop did a talk that night and said the Crossmen were pumped at how close they were and that result gave them the juice/mojo they needed to really go for it that year.

The intro to that show (almost note for note from the CD) was breathtaking!!!

Small Correction. It was New York Voices and the CD that Crossmen took the charts from is a brilliant listen. I still listen to that at night sometimes. Had Crossmen not done this show, I never would have discovered this great vocal group!

I voted Crossmen as well. They improved so much from 1989 and really blew me away with the closer. UNBELIEVABLE energy and push to the end. Just flat out better music selection and they were rock solid performers. They even came pretty close to catching us at the first show of the year .... I think Hop did a talk that night and said the Crossmen were pumped at how close they were and that result gave them the juice/mojo they needed to really go for it that year.

The intro to that show (almost note for note from the CD) was breathtaking!!!

Fun fact: Tommy Igoe from the Bridgemen played drums on that album. It's really an excellent recording.

oh 90 Crossmen all the way. I mean want genius...listen to the NYV version of Caravan, then listen to the Crossmen drum solo. Mark and Kirk took the scat singing version, transferred it to melodic and non melodic percussion in a way few drum corps ever have...with kick ### playing to boot.

THAT was innovative and never got enough credit

While I love the Crossmen's 90 show (still have the NYV album because of them), I can already see the next few threads created today -

Madison Scouts 1975 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Les Etoiles 1996 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Survivor: Nicaragua vs. Blue Devils 2010

In-N-Out Burger vs. Blue Devils 2010

Oh dear.

Mike

oh 90 Crossmen all the way. I mean want genius...listen to the NYV version of Caravan, then listen to the Crossmen drum solo. Mark and Kirk took the scat singing version, transferred it to melodic and non melodic percussion in a way few drum corps ever have...with kick ### playing to boot.

THAT was innovative and never got enough credit

TRUTH!

While I love the Crossmen's 90 show (still have the NYV album because of them), I can already see the next few threads created today -

Madison Scouts 1975 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Les Etoiles 1996 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Survivor: Nicaragua vs. Blue Devils 2010

In-N-Out Burger vs. Blue Devils 2010

Oh dear.

Mike

Madison wins, Les Eotiles ties ( only cause of the drum racks) and BD beats the other two. Now if you said Whataburger.... :tongue: