Crossmen 1990 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which show did you enjoy more live?

• Crossmen 1990
    • Blue Devils 2010

Small Correction. It was New York Voices and the CD that Crossmen took the charts from is a brilliant listen. I still listen to that at night sometimes. Had Crossmen not done this show, I never would have discovered this great vocal group!

I voted Crossmen as well. They improved so much from 1989 and really blew me away with the closer. UNBELIEVABLE energy and push to the end. Just flat out better music selection and they were rock solid performers. They even came pretty close to catching us at the first show of the year .... I think Hop did a talk that night and said the Crossmen were pumped at how close they were and that result gave them the juice/mojo they needed to really go for it that year.

The intro to that show (almost note for note from the CD) was breathtaking!!!

My Bad, for whatever reason I though it was Manhattan Transfer.

####, now I have to listen to that show again....wait that's not a bad thing :)

While I love the Crossmen's 90 show (still have the NYV album because of them), I can already see the next few threads created today -

Madison Scouts 1975 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Les Etoiles 1996 vs. Blue Devils 2010

Survivor: Nicaragua vs. Blue Devils 2010

In-N-Out Burger vs. Blue Devils 2010

Oh dear.

Mike

Waffles Vs Blue Devils 2010 :tongue: - Now how do you start a poll?

Waffles Vs Blue Devils 2010 :tongue: - Now how do you start a poll?

everyone likes Waffles

everyone likes Waffles

Everyone used to like the Blue Devils as well! :tongue:

Fun fact: Tommy Igoe from the Bridgemen played drums on that album. It's really an excellent recording.

In 1990, Dennis Delucia was the rookie program coordinator for the Crossmen, Tommy had played tenors for him back in Bayonne. Carl Ruocco was in his first year as Crossmen corps director, and taught with Dennis as well. No doubt that Dennis got turned on to New York Voices by his associaton with Tommy, and what a great choice for a corps show.

At the Clifton (north Jersey) show Tommy came out to see the corps and stopped by warm-ups to see the drumline play through the book. He was obvoiusly pleased to hear some of his style and licks interpreted for drumline by the one and only Mark Thurston. Great break-out year for the Crossmen.

I'll never feel a need to watch 90 Crossmen again.

BD 2010 isn't anywhere near my top 50 all time favorite shows, but I do want to see it more.

Lance, you can't be a drummer then.

Mark Thurston arrangement = aural sexiness