Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liz, you're MUCH too young to remember them. :rolleyes:

Thanks Mike. At least some people get it while others rub my nose in my age or lack thereof. Hell I consider myself a dinasour at this point.

Elphie empasizing the "I have no clue" part when I was a comment that at 6 years of age I knew nothing about drum corps, nor would I have cared, was out of line yesterday. I really think I get this game/niche activity/passion called drum corps now. At 6? Give me my roller skates, a bike, and a swing and I was set then. :tongue:

I don't always agree with you, Ream...but you ALWAYS make me grin.....hope to see you in the suites at prelims...I'll be with Cabs

yeah my seats are with some guy named Ponzo. Rumor has it he thinks he's a good player or something :rolleyes:

Dips "moving block" was in 64 at the World Open ... and it was indeed stunning ... their first appearance at the Dream was 1971 ... the "lighting stike" during Rochester's show, along with the "stirring dust swirls" during their exit are hard visuals to forget for anyone in the stands that day ...

:-)

Andy..... I don't think so.......

I was not at the World Open....I saw them do it at 1966 Dream (the one AFTER Tom P. got wet and blown around while in a perfect company front coming out of a dust swril headed to the finish line)..... I still have the wax albums of '65 and '66.

Nonetheless, '64, '65, '66 Dream all are one merge in my mind....... SKEK, Casper Troopers, Cavaliers, Royal Airs, and Kilties (the last four were positively '66....my last Dream Contest before President LBJ PERSONALLY invited me to march in his rifle line.)

Regards,

Joe

yeah my seats are with some guy named Ponzo. Rumor has it he thinks he's a good player or something :cool:

and my seats are with a guy named Ream, a woman who was insane wonderful enough to marry him, and a guy named Ponzo.

:tongue::tongue::rolleyes:

and my seats are with a guy named Ream, a woman who was insane wonderful enough to marry him, and a guy named Ponzo.

:tongue::cool::rolleyes:

insane is the correct wording :tongue:

<video link removed>

Check for yourself...I think they did - 1 heck of a job, and should not of been battered by a few judges. No excuse!

<video link removed>

Check for yourself...I think they did - 1 heck of a job, and should not of been battered by a few judges. No excuse!

I just finished watching. DCE has come a long way IMHO if KS is any indication. A wonderful show. I then re-perused the RECAP sheet - half their margin out of first and 2 points or so out of 4th was percussion and given the video had decent - not great - sound - I do not think their percussion book was better than what they got and as for execution - there were a number of muddy parts though overall they surprised me a lot.

As for drill - some issues esp intervals which hurt the effect. I'm sure they will clean it up a LOT before this weekend - there had to be jitters as well as lots of excitement flowing in their first performance. They have two shows to show DCA what they can really do. Brass line was indeed superb..some really great licks. Go KS.

yeah my seats are with some guy named Ponzo. Rumor has it he thinks he's a good player or something :tongue:

For the record, I NEVER thought I was a good player.....everyone else does!!!!

btw....bigbluekilties will be in OUR suite!!!!!

AND.....better bring alot of cash......this weekend will be a GREAT time to pay up!!!!!!!!!!

75,295,830,392,065 and counting!!!!! :rolleyes:

I don't always agree with you, Ream...but you ALWAYS make me grin.....hope to see you in the suites at prelims...I'll be with Cabs

No you wont....you'll be with Golden Eagles!!!!!