Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

Anyone who repeatedly says that things today sucks doesn't get respect from me. It's that simple. Don't like it fine. Go post in the Alumni forum and relive what was great about the old days. No need to insult those who perform today as well as those who appreciate it.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He posts here because he can. Sam, you have no business calling any post stupid. Liz, what is your claim to know all things drum corps? Your many years of drum corps experience? Enlighten us. A half dozen or so people dominate this forum and I'm sick of it. If your not in the clique, your ideas aren't valid.

Just watched the video of Bridgeport, Kidsgrove has a nice corps and the score seems about right to me. Looking forward to seeing them and everybody else at prelims.

i'm my own clique. so enlighten me about all of your experience.

Anyone who repeatedly says that things today sucks doesn't get respect from me. It's that simple. Don't like it fine. Go post in the Alumni forum and relive what was great about the old days. No need to insult those who perform today as well as those who appreciate it.

we all have or likes and dislikes. i like the older stuff. you don't you like the newer stuff. so liz who is right and who is wrong. i like some of your posts liz but you are just as in flexable as the other people. you don't have a right to tell anybody where and what they can post. now you insult the old timers and that's where i have a disagreement with you. to each their own. try and be more flexible in your thoughts . your not always right even if you think you are. and i might add neither am i. we all need to get along. no?

i'm my own clique. so enlighten me about all of your experience.

yes you are jeff. and good for you. at least your consistant.

we all have or likes and dislikes. i like the older stuff. you don't you like the newer stuff. so liz who is right and who is wrong. i like some of your posts liz but you are just as in flexable as the other people. you don't have a right to tell anybody where and what they can post. now you insult the old timers and that's where i have a disagreement with you. to each their own. try and be more flexible in your thoughts . your not always right even if you think you are. and i might add neither am i. we all need to get along. no?

Don,

it's not all old timers, just as it's not all current folks out ther. It's a small subsect that extremely vocal, and at times brutally dismissive and insulting...from both sides. I like old, I like new. I make fun of both too. But i see how people on both sides take offense when the other posts stuff that is just out and out trashing them.

but NEVER tell Liz she's wrong. she isn't. EVER.

:devil:

:worthy:

Don,

it's not all old timers, just as it's not all current folks out ther. It's a small subsect that extremely vocal, and at times brutally dismissive and insulting...from both sides. I like old, I like new. I make fun of both too. But i see how people on both sides take offense when the other posts stuff that is just out and out trashing them.

but NEVER tell Liz she's wrong. she isn't. EVER.

:tongue:

uh oh...................... :worthy:

:BWAHAHAHAHHHAAA:

Oh wait not emoticon for that.

No....the implication was that a corps that puts on a DCA show should be rewarded with a higher score because of THAT and not because of the actual product they put on the field...and given his history of slamming #### near every corps after his own marching era, his cred is minimal....even Shadow7 can appreciate corps after he marched (his other consistent rants aside).

The "judges need a read" BS is just that....if a good, solid product needs a first read to get an appropriate score, it's the JUDGING SYSTEM that needs to be changed, not a corps needing an advance read.

:worthy::devil:

I can't help but remember when there were over 70 Corps at the World Open Prelims in the different Classes - in ONE day...

Seems like the Judges then pretty much got it right - without needing a "previous read" to score them properly.

Granted, it was a different Scoring System (Ticks), but still...

Not for Nuthin', I'm just sayin'...

Kinda close...

I have no issue with someone saying a particular section wasn't up to par...I've said myself that the opener for 87 BD was not good at all (listened to it yesterday in fact, baris had some problems...sops on their opening phrase were God Awful)...I DO have a problem with a poster who disses almost everyone simply because it was after his era.

:lol:

:devil::whip::devil::fight::mat::huh::master::tongue::blink::help::soapbox::worthy:

pick one