Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

X

Edited by Cordog27

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a clock wind but rather the tumblers of a safe, watch the guard/brass and watch/listen to the battery. They are the tumblers being manipulated in the safe doors (horn line).

Edited by Cordog27

"Cab's Always Dropped at Finals":

Hold all calls!!!! :ph34r: Ladies and Gentlemen: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::tongue:

Elphaba

I can think of about 9 times when that DIDN'T happen :tongue:

BTW, most if not all of the DCA Judging Caption Heads were in attendance on Saturday night in Bridgeport. I'm sure they'll see to it that any wrongdoings will be corrected. I DO know there will be some members of the judging panel in Rochester who have the b#lls to call the show the way it needs to be. Count me among those who felt Kidsgrove were heavily slighted. IMO light years better than Bush....sorry.

Edited by George82

Just wached the YouTube video of Kidsgrove's Bridgeport performance.

From what I could hear..... strong horn line!!! An unfinished phrase here and there, but they have some time to work out the bugs before Prelims. Nice upper-register sop/trumpet soloist.

Really solid individual marching style.

Best part for me, though, is the color guard's Hawaiian shirts in the last part of the show!!! :thumbup::tongue:

After having a couble of days to reflect I am starting to think that the judges may have been just as flabbergasted by the Scouts as those of us in the stands were. I was expecting a 5th or 6th place type of show. It was an absolute shock when they delivered a top two quality performance. Thier devestating performance felt like an atom bomb being dropped on our heads. That's the best way to describe how it felt.

With that being said, I am sorry for making such a big deal out of this. I have always respected DCA and I have alot of faith that the judges will give the scouts a fair shake come championchip weekend.

It would be best if I walk away from this tread now. Thanks for hearing me out DCP.

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

Just wached the YouTube video of Kidsgrove's Bridgeport performance.

From what I could hear..... strong horn line!!! An unfinished phrase here and there, but they have some time to work out the bugs before Prelims. Nice upper-register sop/trumpet soloist.

Really solid individual marching style.

Best part for me, though, is the color guard's Hawaiian shirts in the last part of the show!!! :thumbup::tongue:

ah. that explains the scores.

:tongue:

That little concentric-circle "clock-wind" thingie the percussion does is unique. Plus, IMHO, stateside visual mavens should take note of the thrilling, fast-paced feets of the Brits.

I believe that was supposed to be a safe being opened.....It was pretty cool.

um...hmmm...yeah stupid.after all, don't the Kilties run a DCA show? And haven't they not made finals? What about MCL last year?

way too many balloons out there in your post begging to be poppedwith a large pin.

GOD I LOVE THE WEEK BEFORE DCA FINALS....

because it brings out all of the Oliver Stones of the activity.

I don't always agree with you, Ream...but you ALWAYS make me grin.....hope to see you in the suites at prelims...I'll be with Cabs

In DCI you can get a "first read" at Quarter finals, it has happened almost every year.

it looks as though the brass guys were closer than the percussion guys and a weak pit means all of the upstairs music captions would also be affected.

That being said, I cannot wait to see these guys! It sounds like another Inspires to me.

DA

BINGO!!!!!!

I was there and I witnessed their show and was VERY impressed. They definitely get it. Without getting into every caption, they have the entire package. Considering that they don't perform against the same caliber of Corps back in "Merry Ole England" as there are over here they gave a VERY good accounting of themselves. This was the one and only Corps that I've seen all season some I really can't make any comparisons with any of the shows put on by the " big boys (?)" but I'll go out on a limb and say they could finish 6th and possibly become the next "Inspires".

Edited by NYSkyliner