11th place in exibition?

All sorts of people are telling me that the 11th place corps is going to appear in exhibition on Sunday night at finals? Did I miss a announcement?

Just curious.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All sorts of people are telling me that the 11th place corps is going to appear in exhibition on Sunday night at finals? Did I miss a announcement?

Just curious.

According to the show schedule on the DCA website, the 11th-place Open Class corps from Prelims will perform in exhibition at 5:15 PM, just before the Class A finalists.

That's cool :doh:

According to the show schedule on the DCA website, the 11th-place Open Class corps from Prelims will perform in exhibition at 5:15 PM, just before the Class A finalists.

That is an outstanding decision by DCA...the only decision that makes sense. Thanks DCA

I think the corps that didn't make finals should sit out just like the rest have had to do over the years. If they didn't have a product or perform well enough to deserve a Top 10 spot, then they sit.

Where is the backbone or integrity DCA? Just because Kidsgrove are over here and there is only 11 corps, doesn't mean the rules need to be changed because one corps will sit out. Are you too afraid that corps will complain too much? Flack from fans?

I think the corps that didn't make finals should sit out just like the rest have had to do over the years. If they didn't have a product or perform well enough to deserve a Top 10 spot, then they sit.

Where is the backbone or integrity DCA? Just because Kidsgrove are over here and there is only 11 corps, doesn't mean the rules need to be changed because one corps will sit out. Are you too afraid that corps will complain too much? Flack from fans?

Why not look at it a bit differently? Now we have 11 open class corps and four Class A corps to watch. I get just a bit more bang for my (ticket) buck. I'm not complaining at all.

You might even consider that it makes up for the corps missing from the alumni show.

Better than announcing at finals retreat that the 11th and 12 place corps that night were "judged exhibitions" a la 2003.

how's about everyone be in their seats by 5:18 and get to see a great drum corps whoever it might be and then be there to support both the 4 class A finalists and the 10 Open Class finalists...

Finals pre-show 5:00PM

and don't forget Saturday... come for 2PM and support all the corps...

:doh: