It's Silly Season!

Any word from Casper? Especially since the entire staff roster page has been wiped clean at their website with a "Check back soon for the complete 2011 staff roster" announcement.

Well, there are significant changes from what I hear, BUT I cannot say what they are because they would be called rumors and deleted... but I can say that there will be a lot of new faces around the corps and a lot of familiar faces will be gone... how is that for vague?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this weekend. I was told by a person I ran in to at a Illinois area band show that Phantom is planning to announce a new percussion writer and caption head early this week. Also was told that Lee Beddis was leaving Carolina Crown.

I know for a fact that Lee Beddis is not leaving Crown.

"left" implies that the brass staff did the leaving on their own. Why did they do that?

The staff was not fired. The caption head resigned to focus on his job and the rest of the staff was not considered for for his replacement, so they left. As most of you know, when there is a change in caption head the tech staff lives and dies by who is named as the replacement.

If you ask me, they should have given the gig to Stuart Shulman. He is more than capable and has been there for some time and knows the corps from being a member, drum major, and instructor. I think he would have been great, but that is just my opinion....

The staff was not fired. The caption head resigned to focus on his job and the rest of the staff was not considered for for his replacement, so they left. As most of you know, when there is a change in caption head the tech staff lives and dies by who is named as the replacement.

If you ask me, they should have given the gig to Stuart Shulman. He is more than capable and has been there for some time and knows the corps from being a member, drum major, and instructor. I think he would have been great, but that is just my opinion....

looks like this year is going to be a "rebuilding" year for SCV then... still curious as to what the percussion staff will look like w/ Rennick as the caption head