Can anyone beat the Bucs?

84BDsop

No one can deny that Bucs have been a juggernaut since 2005...I can;t remember the last time I've seen a 6 year undefeated run in ANY activity.

The average margin of victory in that time frame is 1.51...stabilizing in the last 3 years at around 1.4.

Success breeds success....BD proved that, and Bucs have as well...but typically it takes 3 years for a competitor to catch up to someone doing something very very successful.

What are other corps going to have to do to beat Bucs? Aside from physical assualt, I mean.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can deny that Bucs have been a juggernaut since 2005...I can;t remember the last time I've seen a 6 year undefeated run in ANY activity.

The average margin of victory in that time frame is 1.51...stabilizing in the last 3 years at around 1.4.

Success breeds success....BD proved that, and Bucs have as well...but typically it takes 3 years for a competitor to catch up to someone doing something very very successful.

What are other corps going to have to do to beat Bucs? Aside from physical assualt, I mean.....

Ummm....get a higher score??? :beer:

<$1 to Jeff Ream>

<$1 to Jeff Ream>

AND aside from that....which has proven to be difficult at best recently...I'm fairly sure there are members of Bucs who started in 05, never marched anywhere else,and have never experienced a loss.

<$1 to Jeff Ream>

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

These guys- if they get a battery, guard and 20-30 more horns:

http://www.starunited.org/

As it is, they could probably go out on the field as they are right now and demolish Class A.

<$1 to Jeff Ream>

I know owe you $1 less :beer:

it's easy.

Keep the same design team.

recruit talented and smart performers.

design a show that fires on all cylanders

never worry about last year

and most importantly...when you first come out, come out firing!! Bucs have been easily the most prepared corps out there from Wildwood weekend on the last 6 years.

it's easy.

Keep the same design team.

recruit talented and smart performers.

design a show that fires on all cylanders

never worry about last year

and most importantly...when you first come out, come out firing!! Bucs have been easily the most prepared corps out there from Wildwood weekend on the last 6 years.

I think you are exactly right Mr. Ream. Bucs will likely keep the same design and instructional team, unless someone buys them away. They also appear to have tapped in to a pretty decent recruitment base. And of course, if they come out in the beginning of the season head and shoulders above the circuit, it is insanely difficult to catch up given the short season and limited competitive opportunities. This "head start" has been the key to their success over the past several years as much as anything else.

AND aside from that....which has proven to be difficult at best recently...I'm fairly sure there are members of Bucs who started in 05, never marched anywhere else,and have never experienced a loss.

There are 2 horn players, 1 drummer, and 3 guard members that have been with Reading since 05. Les than that have only been there since 05. Some were there beforehand, but not sure how many of us. I went to Bucs in '05, and after being in corps for the previos 37 years, these last six have been memorable to say the least.