Regiment hires Shane Gwaltney for Percussion

That statement hardly seems constructive

WHOOHOO !!

All you nay-sayers realize that he has more WGI Independent World medals as a battery arranger than anyone else ever, right? And that WGI has been pushing DCI in terms of percussion for the last 10 years, not the other way around. This guy knows how to write musically, and sure he's no Paul Rennick, but he ain't no slouch either. Regiment will be smart to keep him around a few seasons and let him make his niche. He won't disappoint when given the full opportunity to grow.

Edited by big old drummer man

Certain people on this board amaze me with their veiled negativity. At least I wear my hatred on my sleeve :tongue:

I don't know this Shane Gwaltney guy, but his name makes me want to go eat a hot dog. I'm starving :angel1:

i've heard his arranging before and I think it's very good, how is he as an instructor/caption head tho? that is what I'm worried....no..... curious about. I have no doubts about his arranging abilities.

who will be doing the pit?

on an even more positive note, I'm sure this means regiment drumlines body movement will be much improved!!

(lets face it, as amazing as their writing/playing was these last few years, when they did do body movement it (the body movement itself) was nothing phenominal :p )

i've heard his arranging before and I think it's very good, how is he as an instructor/caption head tho? that is what I'm worried....no..... curious about. I have no doubts about his arranging abilities.

who will be doing the pit?

on an even more positive note, I'm sure this means regiment drumlines body movement will be much improved!!

(lets face it, as amazing as their writing/playing was these last few years, when they did do body movement it (the body movement itself) was nothing phenominal :p )

I'm not nearly as worried about this hire as I am drill designer and guard.

I agree that the movement was something less than stellar. I wonder if the vets will come back or follow Paul? I also wonder what kind of talent this hire will or won't attract.

I love that Phantom won high percussion this year with almost zero body movement and Dynasty drums. I can just about hear the choking noises this side of the pond!

Agree their biggest problem is with visual, who gets that job is way more interesting than the musical side.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

I'm not nearly as worried about this hire as I am drill designer and guard.

I agree that the movement was something less than stellar. I wonder if the vets will come back or follow Paul? I also wonder what kind of talent this hire will or won't attract.

I spoke to one vet directly who told me that he would probably follow Rennick. First, he said probably; second, he told me that before the Gwaltney hire was announced; and third, he's only one guy. To take it for what it's worth.