Who is REALLY boycotting DCI?

BX5CM

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not like you. Remember that.

remember what? Hey, what does this trigger do?

Yes, really. Are you a parent? If not then I understand your confusion on this point.

You should seriously tell your jungen what FU means. Whether or not you explain it is a different matter.

It's really not a big deal to use what you call "unacceptable" language either. This web site is not for 10 year olds, and i don't know what they could get out of it. Why not just not let your kid not come on here? Is that sooo hard?

The central point I don't find valid or important.

I wonder what you think are your credentials to support such an idea. Are you and admin? A Mod? An owner of DCP, maybe?

That you don't know what a 10 year old would get out of this site reveals much. It's not surprising, really, that you would feel this way considering your posts.

The fact is that there are rules required to play here. One of them deals with language. That many try to skirt those rules to post profanity is beside the point.

Many things on DCP you don't find valid or important, yet you continue to post contentious thoughts who's only goal is to instigate argument.

The rules are the rules. Deal with them, get off, or get banned. Pretty simple.

(Wait for it... Here comes another strikingly un-intellectual reply meant to exhibit superior thinking...)

Why not just PM me with your tripe instead of embarrassing yourself again, eh?

Edited by garfield

Yes, really. Are you a parent? If not then I understand your confusion on this point.

Good cop out. I see what you did there. :angel1:

I'm not confused. I'm wondering what parent would allow a child who is not yet old enough to have heard the phrase, "FU" in the hallway at their middle school free reign of the internet to browse a forum that deals with topics that likely hold very little interest to a child that young amongst company almost 3 times their age. I think I'll question THAT bit of parenting first since it seems like the real issue here isn't the posters; it's parents allowing their 1-3 grader to cruise DCP. Just sayin'. And if you believe most children don't already have a firm exposure to such things by 4th grade, you're wrong and should probably be parenting more proactively in reality.

Now, as far as boycotting, anyone who is actively using muscles to type "drum corps" into their browser so as to find DCP, create an account, and actively navigate to the World Class discussion section hasn't put DCI out of their mind. Using a forum is an active, not a passive process. It requires a certain level of thought meaning that by being here, you acknowledge the existence of DCI. So anyone who claims not to have thought of DCI is lying.

And anyone who is boycotting should probably find better things to do with their time and let the people who do enjoy it be as was suggested by a previous poster!

I wonder what you think are your credentials to support such an idea. Are you and admin? A Mod? An owner of DCP, maybe?

That you don't know what a 10 year old would get out of this site reveals much. It's not surprising, really, that you would feel this way considering your posts.

The fact is that there are rules required to play here. One of them deals with language. That many try to skirt those rules to post profanity is beside the point.

Many things on DCP you don't find valid or important, yet you continue to contentious thoughts who's only goal is to instigate argument.

The rules are the rules. Deal with them, get off, or get banned. Pretty simple.

(Wait for it... Here comes another strikingly un-intellectual reply meant to exhibit superior thinking...)

Why not just PM me with your tripe instead of embarrassing yourself again, eh?

Have you seen me cuss on here? Or use inappropriate language?

You teach your children to be strong adults, not sheltered hermits.

(BTW, does name calling exhibit superior thinking? Or maturity?)

Edited by WOOHOO

I will ALWAYS support the drum corps activity, and what it does for our youth. Thats all I have to say on said topic

I just realized I didn't add to the topic. My bad.

I'm sure there will be more people who will boycott DCI after woodwinds or whatever else will be added, but not nearly as many who say they will on these forums. Besides, if they are on the forums at all, they really aren't boycotting.