Who is REALLY boycotting DCI?

BX5CM

Everytime people talk about boycotting dci on this site... all i can think is:

waaambulance.jpg

Seriously. For a bunch of grown men and women, you sure do cry about #### a lot.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally watch battery warm ups in the lot. That is the one area they can't mess up too much. It's still kids with sticks and a drum.

As far as synths go..... It will (and is) cripple the creativity of the arrangers and eventually dumb the activity down to the point of being comical. 1991 SCV is a perfect example. HOW COOL was the helicopter effect?!?!?! I can only imagine how hard it must've been to clean that given the fact that they were in different areas of the field..... NOW, would I still remember that or even care about it if it were some kid holding a button? NO. Arrangers used to have to BE CREATIVE and find ways to makes brass, drums and keyboards make the desired sound. Now they don't think. If the wanted sound doesn't sound like brass, drums or a keyboard, sample it and move on.

Not true. Arrangers are still using "analog" instruments to produce a lot of the effects, they're just adding even more effects ON TOP of it using synths. Cadets '10 had rackets and such for the winding sounds. If there's a way to make something sound without using a synth, arrangers do it.

Maybe if they actually boycott DCI, they can just boycott DCP too and stop annoying the people who just want to enjoy themselves.

But then they'd have nothing else to do!

Seriously, guys. If you marched a corps and it still exists and you haven't done anything to support it, you're the people to blame for letting DCI reach a point you're no longer satisfied with.

Ummm....I'm sure you realize that those who truly have given up because of all these things aren't here to answer you.

And, please, keep your language within acceptable norms. There are kids who frequent here, mine included, and I don't want to have to explain to him what "FU" means, OK?

Thanks

You don't think drum corps kids know what FU means? :angel1:

But, you had to click in the WC forums to come on this thread, thus showing you still have interest, no matter how minuscule. Or, you look for threads just to show your position of hatred for DCI, which is unfortunate.

Nope, all Andy has to do is hit the "Active Forum Topics" and all forum threads are grouped by date/time of last post.

Works real good for me too....

You don't think drum corps kids know what FU means? :angel1:

I suspect so, but my 10 year old doesn't, and I prefer he not yet. I also prefer to not add to the gutter mentality by condoning gutter language. My choices are to keep him away from this forum or expect posters to use civil language. I'm pretty sure the Mods and Admins would back me in this choice.

It's not such a big deal to use acceptable language. In a broader sense it might help keep this activity from following so many others into the gutter. It also helps teach restraint, control, and respect for others. Shall I go on?

Geesh, talk about deflection from the central point - you have that mastered, for sure.

And, please, keep your language within acceptable norms. There are kids who frequent here, mine included, and I don't want to have to explain to him what "FU" means, OK?

Thanks

...really?

Many drum corps fans have their "if DCI adds X, I'm pulling my support" statement. It's different for various people... but I wonder how many people are REALLY going to give up this activity so easily?

As I've reported before, many of the people who helped me find drum corps no longer support DCI. That's just with the changes over the past 15 years. I don't know why anybody would think it's difficult for fans to walk away from DCI when it happens quite a bit.

I suspect so, but my 10 year old doesn't, and I prefer he not yet. I also prefer to not add to the gutter mentality by condoning gutter language. My choices are to keep him away from this forum or expect posters to use civil language. I'm pretty sure the Mods and Admins would back me in this choice.

It's not such a big deal to use acceptable language. In a broader sense it might help keep this activity from following so many others into the gutter. It also helps teach restraint, control, and respect for others. Shall I go on?

Geesh, talk about deflection from the central point - you have that mastered, for sure.

It's really not a big deal to use what you call "unacceptable" language either. This web site is not for 10 year olds, and i don't know what they could get out of it. Why not just not let your kid not come on here? Is that sooo hard?

The central point I don't find valid or important.

Edited by WOOHOO

Seriously, guys. If you marched a corps and it still exists and you haven't done anything to support it, you're the people to blame for letting DCI reach a point you're no longer satisfied with.

THIS :angel1::tongue::ph34r::worthy::unsure::tongue::cool: