Who is REALLY boycotting DCI?

BX5CM

I have in the past attended both DCA and DCI shows regularly, with some missing years as life intruded. While I still attend DCA shows, I stopped going to DCI shows about six years ago. The shows were simply not entertaining for me and not value for my money.

Since that time, amplification and all that followed have convinced me that DCI has diverged from the elements of drum corps I enjoy and gives only lip service, and darned little of that, to its legacy fan base. I have no thoughts of attending another DCI show until the electronics disappear entirely.

And the G7 debacle only reinforces my thinking.

However, woodwinds would not be a reason to stop going to drum corps. Since a drum corps with woodwinds is not a drum corps ... you can figure it out from there.

Edited by The Oz

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are posting on this forum, you have certainly not "put DCI completely, totally, and utterly" out of your mind!

My question for those who "hate" the current direction of the activity: Why do you waste your time posting on here? It's not like electronics are going to be repealed, drill will go back to symmetrical patterns, or the horns will go back to the key of G.

In my opinion: either embrace the changes or occupy your time with something you enjoy.

Actually, Eagle, if you look at the DCP main page, one has to scroll down through the DCI section before coming to other sections. I was intrigued by the premise laid out by the original post, opened it, posted my comment, and came back here this morning to see how many responders said, "See! I knew he was interested, despite what he says!"

Trust me, I'm not in the least bit interested in supporting DCI in any fashion whatsoever.

Actually, Eagle, if you look at the DCP main page, one has to scroll down through the DCI section before coming to other sections. I was intrigued by the premise laid out by the original post, opened it, posted my comment, and came back here this morning to see how many responders said, "See! I knew he was interested, despite what he says!"

Trust me, I'm not in the least bit interested in supporting DCI in any fashion whatsoever.

Heeeeeeeeees back!

How can we miss you if you refuse to go ?

Why do you think people responding to the woodwinds poll were answering untruthfully?

Wishful thinking. Being in a state of denial.

Ok, so we have 1 person so far. Anyone else?

Nope, nobody else. Everything's fine. Bring on the woodwinds. Have a nice day.

60366_647648645014_25302354_36397249_2469464_n.jpg

Thank you, OP. Thank you for just flat out calling it.

"AMPS?!!!!! IM GUNNA QUIT DCIs!!!"

"SINGING?!!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I SUPPORT DCIS!!!"

MICED BRASS?!!! FU DCIS IM OUT!!!!"

All talk and no action. Honestly I wish some of you would quit going to shows. Then I don't have to listen to you B**** about every little thing your expert mind disagrees with.

But, you had to click in the WC forums to come on this thread, thus showing you still have interest, no matter how minuscule. Or, you look for threads just to show your position of hatred for DCI, which is unfortunate.

60366_647648645014_25302354_36397249_2469464_n.jpg

Thank you, OP. Thank you for just flat out calling it.

"AMPS?!!!!! IM GUNNA QUIT DCIs!!!"

"SINGING?!!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I SUPPORT DCIS!!!"

MICED BRASS?!!! FU DCIS IM OUT!!!!"

All talk and no action. Honestly I wish some of you would quit going to shows. Then I don't have to listen to you B**** about every little thing your expert mind disagrees with.

Ummm....I'm sure you realize that those who truly have given up because of all these things aren't here to answer you.

And, please, keep your language within acceptable norms. There are kids who frequent here, mine included, and I don't want to have to explain to him what "FU" means, OK?

Thanks