Would you walk away if DCI shows were like in the 80s and 90s

Lance

Would you walk away if DCI looked like it did in the 80s and 90s  

256 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes, I would walk away if DCI reverted to 80s/90s type shows
    • No, I would not walk away if DCI reverted to 80s/90s type shows

This is an apple and orange thing, and we are both right, so yeah

both right? you cant have one without the other.

and right now DCI's leaders are saying they can't pay the bills.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is for another thread but since it was brought up here, is it a positive that drum corps is becoming exclusively for the music and dance majors??

:tongue:

both right? you cant have one without the other.

and right now DCI's leaders are saying they can't pay the bills.

They can't pay the bills? Just add some more new toys to the corps repetoire and millions of new fans will come replace those old people with all their extra money to spend, but for Godsakes don't dare scale back.

Maybe this is for another thread but since it was brought up here, is it a positive that drum corps is becoming exclusively for the music and dance majors??

IMO, no

They can't pay the bills? Just add some more new toys to the corps repetoire and millions of new fans will come replace those old people with all their extra money to spend, but for Godsakes don't dare scale back.

you need to use this:

I see a local show this year smaller than last and Allentown smaller than last. finals up a touch...maybe.

but even you can't dent fan satisfaction is and has been growing with the product. Well you'll try, but you'll be ignoring a large fact

That's an opinion, not a fact.

I keep hearing it is the economy. Really. That is the only reason? Most of us dinos still have money and have chosen to use it elswhere. I gave new drum corps synths a chance and hated every horn doubling show, so my attedance was zero last year, yet my personal economy was up. RESPUTE that please. Tell me how I must be mistaken.

You have to look at the overall numbers that make up the economy, not one example. Just because YOUR income went up...that's just you. It's like saying..."how is unemployment on the rise? I'm still working!" Lots of people aren't.

What??? Sure it was. According to this presentation, the world economy fell apart starting in late 2007....there are other sources as well.

ICAP conference

world economey, not US economy. We didnt start hearing about bailouts and massive layoffs until late 2008.

oh and thos elayoffs probably affected a lot of the "disposable income" you claim kids still have too.