What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

Well yes it does, and I, just like many here am guilty of getting a bit heavy handed... But in all seriousness I bet if we were all in a room together we would share a beer... I kind of wish it were more like that in here too! I like my drum corps family both extended and internal... And do not have ANYBODY I can think of who I would want to be in a hassle with! :tongue:

Well, give me a year or so, then we can talk about that beer. But yes, I'd rather not be fighting with you, even though you're from a rival corps. I've been bred to hate you guys, but there are too many good people for me to hate your corps.

I am severely passionate about the activity and my corps. It has shaped my life in more ways than I can count, and I do get a little heavy handed about it too. We're all guilty of it from time to time. I am making a promise to everyone, I will be better about the corps-bashing. I'd rather not spend my time on here arguing with people over our different tastes.

"Better Corps Bashing"!? Great! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

(sorry, that was my second glass of wine talking.)

Haha, I'll try Jeff. But you know we're both in the same boat this past season. I don't know about you, but I'm sure tired of it. And I am kind of tired of some of the mods using their power to get into these name-calling arguments.... I like having an opinion, and I'd rather not be called stupid or ignorant for it. Thanks everybody. It's time to end the childish games.

when it comes to the mods, if i find the behavior in violation of the guidelines, i report it. that way any drama remains off the main stage, and if nothing else, it makes them hunt me down whenever they can nail me for something :tongue:

but the same as with BD this past year, we had it with Cavies earlier in the decade, then the Cadets. After a while, I just learned to make fun of them for it :tongue:

Yay! We can end the crap... If it is needed I could scour the boards for how many times you and Jeff have stated that opinion (BD is not entertaining)... I bet it is in excess of 20 times a piece that you have mentioned how you do not like BD or their ability to entertain... So in an effort to create peace on the boards how about you assume we already understand your well documented position on the matter... If you continue to bring it up again and again then we are not the problem here! I hope I can assume that we no longer have a problem now... If we do it is baiting from you guys! As I have not seen a thread started stating BD is the best corps in the history of DCI recently... Only ones that say they do not entertain... Oh and a Congrats on your WC Title thread full of "I hope you guys can entertain me next year" statements :tongue:

saying we didn't find BD's 2010 show entertaining is not hating my friend. that is why you get tagged a homer by some.

No I am not talking about you... In fact in many ways our taste in corps and love to the old school flair match up pretty well.... But I am really tired of having folks say stuff about the corps I love... the corps that helped shape my life... I won't start any conversations about how they are better than your corps and hopefully no one will have to be a creep and will show some respect in ths same regard! :tongue:

hey, i was in a corps too...that people still ##### about or one championship 14 years later. not everyone will jump up and down in joyous rapture for you every year. accept it, you'll be happier.

Yay! We can end the crap... If it is needed I could scour the boards for how many times you and Jeff have stated that opinion (BD is not entertaining)... I bet it is in excess of 20 times a piece that you have mentioned how you do not like BD or their ability to entertain... So in an effort to create peace on the boards how about you assume we already understand your well documented position on the matter... If you continue to bring it up again and again then we are not the problem here! I hope I can assume that we no longer have a problem now... If we do it is baiting from you guys! As I have not seen a thread started stating BD is the best corps in the history of DCI recently... Only ones that say they do not entertain... Oh and a Congrats on your WC Title thread full of "I hope you guys can entertain me next year" statements :tongue:
saying we didn't find BD's 2010 show entertaining is not hating my friend. that is why you get tagged a homer by some.

Hi Jeff,

I went ahead and put my post you were replying to, so that you can tell me where I called you a hater... I also put your response calling me a homer... Oh and some Ummmm hanger on, decided to say "THIS" to your hate mongering! You called me a homer I called you nothing... Which at this point is pretty accurate...

Hi Jeff,

I went ahead and put my post you were replying to, so that you can tell me where I called you a hater... I also put your response calling me a homer... Oh and some Ummmm hanger on, decided to say "THIS" to your hate mongering! You called me a homer I called you nothing... Which at this point is pretty accurate...

Hey! You called me a "hanger-on"!

Hater.

Come on, Tony, lighten up will ya'?

"Better Corps Bashing"!? Great! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

(sorry, that was my second glass of wine talking.)

Oh, I see what you did there.... Very sneaky. But what I meant was less corps-bashing in the future.

Hey! You called me a "hanger-on"!

Hater.

Come on, Tony, lighten up will ya'?

Hey, it appears to me that FSUBONE is the only person here interested in being human about this and trying to work with his drum corps family, and peers to make peace after what I could easily call, the summer of hatred... Some person interested in stats should go thru the boards and see the number of positive (BD) drum corps embracing posts vs the hate filled "even though you guys are winning I know better" posts... I bet it would be more than eye opening... I guarantee that NO " I find BD boring and cluttered and ugly musically" post comes on the heels of a BD is the greatest thing since sliced bread post... So if it keeps coming up over and over then expect someone who does not share your opinion to call you out on your unsolicited comment. Yes I do honk for BD proudly... But... I love your corps too (almost) as much as mine! I will not bash your corps even if they really do bore me. I hope for the same from you... I found one guy who is tired of the rhetoric... Maybe there is another out there as well! Heres hoping...

Oh and Garfield... "I am a honk, not a hater" lol

light enough fer ya? :tongue: