When did the Cadets get their greatest applause?

I believe the applause was more for Star not winning and dropping another spot than for the Cadets. I think most would have been shocked if Cavies didn't win after Star was announced.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'93 was good, had similar arranging but the more polished sound and the visual demands kept it from rocking out like '79.

While I'm glad someone mentioned Phantom's '79 version, the audience rightly ate up the '93 edition in part because of the great visual aspect.

Greatest applause ever for Garfield Cadets:

Hitting the company front toward the end of "Tonight" before the Z-pull. . . . 1984.

Explosion from the crowd. Explosion!

:smile::thumbup: :thumbup:

Runner-up: Re-form of the dissolving company front at the end of the final loud push of "Appalachian Spring Suite" in 1987.

People throwing babies!! Standing up and screaming!! Not just a few -- everyone!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

yeah...the applause at Allentown in '84 for the front before the Z was incredible as well...

I believe the applause was more for Star not winning and dropping another spot than for the Cadets. I think most would have been shocked if Cavies didn't win after Star was announced.

Tame the Perilous Skies was a good show. How I wish for shows like that again.

Also, how about in 2007 when they said "And now we'll do this section without talking." The applause was super-loud in Pasadena.

Edited by atlvalet

I was near deaf for almost an hour after their 1990 finals performance in Buffalo.I really don't remember hearing the last 2 measures or so because the crowd was insane.

I couldn't hear myself playing the last 2 measures .. and I was on a double G. Nothing about the CD's captured the essence of that show ... we popped the mic on side two on the first hit of the show and everything sounds off for the rest of the show.

Hmmmmm...............a history lesson(just for the info only, of course)

Likely, before most of you here were born, there was a magical place, a city stadium in Union City, NJ. smaller than Jersey Cities Roosevelt Field but just as special for drum corps. The date(s); July 4th, the years? actually two of them 1962 & 1967. The most rabid and vocal east coast Drum Corp fans went to that show, and when you deserved it, they gave it to you, applause, stomping of feet, whistling, screaming, shouting. The stadium would literally shudder and the overhangs funneled the sound down to the field. 1967 was most memorable as it came it the middle of a massive thunderstorm............on the field we couldn't tell if it was Thunder or applause and foot stomping(it wasn't Thunder). Set up a hell'uva feedback loop to the corp that day. 1960 VFW's in Detroit was pretty special too, now that I recall. Before 1960 you'd have to ask "onceuponatime"(he's alot older).

I think it was right after the amps went out in Albuquerque, 2006.

Fresh concert music that fans had never heard.

Wait...I thought fans wanted to hear music they knew?!

Seriously, though, it will be interesting to see what direction the Cadets do take. Although, the idea of hearing music that has been done a few times over the years doesn't excite me...it is still early in the design process.

Greatest applause ever for Garfield Cadets:

Hitting the company front toward the end of "Tonight" before the Z-pull. . . . 1984.

Explosion from the crowd. Explosion!

:smile::thumbup: :thumbup:

Runner-up: Re-form of the dissolving company front at the end of the final loud push of "Appalachian Spring Suite" in 1987.

People throwing babies!! Standing up and screaming!! Not just a few -- everyone!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Nailed it.