2011 Blue Stars

FYI, the uniform isn't "broke" either. Sorry you don't like it but a return to the cross straps, buckles, and helmets isn't going to happen.

Part of me does think it mightve looked better if the gray was a dark blue.. but agreed, its definitely not going back to helmets\cross straps\buckles.

For me, I don't mind, even would go so far as to say I LIKE the props, as long as they don't prevent a great drill from taking place, and they support the program visually. What I really need less of from the Blue Stars in 2011 is low end synth. It was overwhelming at times in 2010.

Edited by BozzlyB

FYI, the uniform isn't "broke" either. Sorry you don't like it but a return to the cross straps, buckles, and helmets isn't going to happen.

Did I say that was what was needed? Nope. I like the uniform from 2009 just fine. It took some getting used to but turns out it's one of the best looking uniforms in DCI. Last year's uni was terrible.

• Like 1

Except the uniform. :thumbup: Please fix that one thing. Everything else is great.

:tongue:

• Like 1

Did I say that was what was needed? Nope. I like the uniform from 2009 just fine. It took some getting used to but turns out it's one of the best looking uniforms in DCI. Last year's uni was terrible.

I wouldnt say it was terrible, i would say it definitely came off better on the sketches that were posted here in june than it did in the real world. (similar to the 2007 unis actually.. those looked great on paper but in practice.. yikes). Cant put my finger on what it was that made it not work as well, but it definitely doesnt.

Edited by AlexL

I wouldnt say it was terrible, i would say it definitely came off better on the sketches that were posted here in june than it did in the real world. (similar to the 2007 unis actually.. those looked great on paper but in practice.. yikes). Cant put my finger on what it was that made it not work as well, but it definitely doesnt.

Which brings up the question...... Why is DCI still buying this guy's uniform designs? They really aren't that good!

I liked the 09 uniform better too. Don't know if the gray will be back in 11 or not. I DO know that the whole star pattern on the jacket was supposed to be much larger than what it was when they got the unis but it was too late to change at that point. 10 was a drastically darker show than what this corps had done previously, even much more so than Power and Grace IMO, and the gray pants supported that to a degree.