2011 Blue Stars

Except the uniform. :thumbup: Please fix that one thing. Everything else is great.

That, and if they'd stop consistently winding up in 8th place all the time :tongue:

That, and if they'd stop consistently winding up in 8th place all the time :tongue:

Yeah.. hopefully they can get over that hump next year..

08 they were 8th but nowhere close to 7th

09 they were 8th but in range of 7th

10 they were 8th but in range of 6th

progress each year in the margin vs the corps placing above them, and imho, each year was very much superior of the one that came before it. hopefully a year of consistency will be good for them.

Come to think of it, this might be the first year without a major change in a high staff position in awhile. Off the top of my head...

10- Aungst\Larrivee take over percussion(brent montgomery out), Sullivan brass caption head (Brad Green to scouts)

09- Howard Weinstein in at corps director(sabach to crown), new visual staff (iirc)

08- Michael Shapiro for guard\design, Brad Green in as brass caption head, eric sabach as corps director, kevin ford drill

07- Brian Kraft- vis capt head, mike anderson drill

06- Andy Tye brass caption head, Brent Montgomery perc. caption head, ben potts vis capt head, brad furlano exec director

Edited by AlexL

'07-Ron Hardin-vis caption head

In 2008, Brian Kraft ran the vis.

yeah, that was the one i couldnt remember who actually held the title (obviously i remember them both being there). i went and checked the old version of the staff page (http://web.archive.org/web/20070705184957/http://www.bluestars.org/staff/) while i was making the post, and found it listed Kraft as caption head and Hardin as 'visual coordinator'. Of course, titles are just that, titles.

Either way, it was a change of leadership from the 06 season.

Edited by AlexL

In related news, this is also good for the Blue Stars High School Marching Band (AKA Tarpon Springs HS) :tongue:

In related news, this is also good for the Blue Stars High School Marching Band (AKA Tarpon Springs HS) :tongue:

Dude...they are SOLID this year

Dude...they are SOLID this year

I have heard. I get to hear them live next weekend, I'm looking forward to it! :tongue:

Except the uniform. :tongue: Please fix that one thing. Everything else is great.

FYI, the uniform isn't "broke" either. Sorry you don't like it but a return to the cross straps, buckles, and helmets isn't going to happen.