New "Local" Drum Corps Circuit?

Craig, kudos to you for this idea, I think it's awesome. However, typos in a public announcement from your organization don't look good. This is from the description on your Facebook page:

This is NOT an anti DCI movement.

The goals of DCNA are.....

To create an organization who's purpose is to promote the rebirth and growth of "hometown" corps throughout the US and Canada.

To create an atmosphere that allows youth of all skill levels to participate in the activity.

To establish a financially responsible climate that promotes healthy corps growth and operations.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. I already changed that about an hour ago. That happens when you don't have a proof reader. My dad was

a newspaper man, he'd be disappointed in me.

Craig, kudos to you for this idea, I think it's awesome. However, typos in a public announcement from your organization don't look good. This is from the description on your Facebook page:

This is NOT an anti DCI movement.

The goals of DCNA are.....

To create an organization who's purpose is to promote the rebirth and growth of "hometown" corps throughout the US and Canada.

To create an atmosphere that allows youth of all skill levels to participate in the activity.

To establish a financially responsible climate that promotes healthy corps growth and operations.

Well you know those pesky polar bears! Maybe that would help keep them from becoming extinct.

And what if Bermuda and the Bahamas wants in? What then? The Bahamas was good enough for Christopher Columbus to be credited with discovering North America. He's even got a national holiday right here in the good old USA named after him. And do we really need to let the Canadians in? I know they're already in DCI, but do you really want to take a chance that a polar bear won't hide inside their equipment truck and break out at a show, rampaging through the stands and devouring corps fans?

Well you know those pesky polar bears! Maybe that would help keep them from becoming extinct.

Do you really want to take that chance? At least Bermuda would only send us shorts.

Do you really want to take that chance? At least Bermuda would only send us shorts.

...and grass.

And what if Bermuda and the Bahamas wants in? What then? The Bahamas was good enough for Christopher Columbus to be credited with discovering North America. He's even got a national holiday right here in the good old USA named after him. And do we really need to let the Canadians in? I know they're already in DCI, but do you really want to take a chance that a polar bear won't hide inside their equipment truck and break out at a show, rampaging through the stands and devouring corps fans?

come on mike you know we feed them before we go on tour there is a border to cross and we are not allowed to bring beef with us bear well thats different lol :worthy::worthy:

Craig, you are awesome!

I am a band director and have been reading DCP for a couple years... one of the reasons local corps have gone down in number is because bands have been growing in schools over the past several decades. That's all well and good, but there's something to be said for music performing ensembles that are independent of the school system... I for one know that music educators like myself would be really excited if there was a local corps participating in your circuit! I'd send ALL my middle and high school brass and percussion kids to get in on a corps if one existed here.

The rent to own idea is PERFECT! It's how my program exists at all. Great idea!

:worthy:

"Local Circuits":

Some suggested names:

CYO Circuit

EMASS Circuit

Yankee Circuit

Mayflower Circuit

Northeast Circuit

Hudson-Berkshire Circuit

Greater New York Circuit

Garden State Circuit

Penn-Jersey Circuit

Tri-State Circuit

Great Plains Circuit

Badgeland Circuit

Illinois All American Circuit

Maybe we'll have "State Championships" again... :worthy:

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

Midwest circuit

Buckeye circuit

Great Lakes circuit

"Local Circuits":

Some suggested names:

CYO Circuit

EMASS Circuit

Yankee Circuit

Hudson-Berkshire Circuit

Greater New York Circuit

Garden State Circuit

Penn-Jersey Circuit

Great Plains Circuit

Badgeland Circuit

Illinois All American Circuit

Maybe we'll have "State Championships" again... :worthy:

Elphaba

A lot of good things have started just sitting at a dinner table. Give them a chance already.

Hey, I am all for innovation and new emerging organizations, but have you looked at the Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=135418719823076

I don't think it's unfair to have questions when THIS is all there is. Bob is a Facebook fan of them, and I know how some people love to social network, and then throw their position around to promote this through a higher venue (DCI). I'm glad they are endorsing such an organization, and perhaps it has promise. But there is nothing vital or in the least bit informative on their "Facebook" page to show me they have any financial backing or promise right now. And anyone can rent a hotel meeting space for a couple of hours for dirt cheap.

Just saying, with a better presence and with the presentation of more information, one MIGHT consider flying across the country to attend this meeting. But if you know nothing about it, would you do it?

Sir,

This is a meeting between directors TO START the circuit and our prospective organizations. You need to start somewhere, you know.

I'm always amazed at the attitude of people in this forum and in drum corps proper to be downright anti-enterprise at times, particularly when the activity could use revitalization. What's wrong with a group of like-minded directors coming together to discuss mutual goals and a circuit that will work for smaller drum corps?

Seriously.