Ballads Only

I can't believe I'm giving away my ace in the hole, but...

Perfect for Pioneer (or anyone else!), check out "The Briar and the Rose" by Tom Waits, performed by the Holly Cole Trio with the Canadian Brass.

There isn't a great version of this on the yoohootube yet, but you know how to find it!

Mr. Waits deserves to be represented in DCI!

Kind of surprised this hasn't come up yet, but how about Shenendoah? I don't think that's been done on the field before

I heard a wonderful tune on satellite radio today...... "How Could I Ever Know" from the Broadway musical "The Secret Garden."

Very pretty song. I'm not sure if it's been done before, but it would make a nice ballad, IMO.

I can't believe I'm giving away my ace in the hole, but...

Perfect for Pioneer (or anyone else!), check out "The Briar and the Rose" by Tom Waits, performed by the Holly Cole Trio with the Canadian Brass.

There isn't a great version of this on the yoohootube yet, but you know how to find it!

Mr. Waits deserves to be represented in DCI!

Thanks. I surfed Tom Waits and found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5d0yVRoHHQ...feature=related saw her live long ago as a singing soloist with a harp

Kind of surprised this hasn't come up yet, but how about Shenendoah? I don't think that's been done on the field before

You probably have never heard of such Legion National Champions as the Yankee Rebels or Argonne Rebels. Or the 27th Lancers. Or the Troopers.

Edited by HornsUp

Sang that in choir a few years back...I could just bathe in Eric Whitacre's music, it's just so richly textured.

Then you should know about this new rendition of "October," sung by the YouTube Choir.

You probably have never heard of such Legion National Champions as the Yankee Rebels or Argonne Rebels. Or the 27th Lancers. Or the Troopers.

Unless we're talking about the musical Shenandoah. Which is not bad. And has not been done, I don't believe.

I've been wanting to arrange this for drum corps for a while. You posting it sparked my interest. So I'm currently on Sibelius working away!

I'll let you know when I finish the arrangement.

Sweet! I've been waiting years for someone to do an arrangement of it.