Drum Corps Research

So,

In my English Comp 1 class, I have a paper due. My paper is to compare and contrast Bb brass and G bugles. So, can any one help with info, resources, or anything like that?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend typing "G Bugles" into DCP topic search, hit "print" and turn in a 1000 page paper on why G is better than Bb.

So,

In my English Comp 1 class, I have a paper due. My paper is to compare and contrast Bb brass and G bugles. So, can any one help with info, resources, or anything like that?

You mean can someone do your paper for you? :lol:

Some guy a few years ago (was it Peter Bond) wrote a paper about this I think that had some data, but I'm not sure how detailed his research was.

You're going to find way more opinion than fact here on DCP.

So, can any one help with info, resources, or anything like that?

Jesus, dudes, let's not bash him for coming to a place with a lot of drum corps nerds, asking for academic sources and things like that. He clearly doesn't want to cite DCP, so quit implying that he does. Sheesh, the reading level really does need to be improved.

Unfortunately, dasboot, I don't really have any sources for you, because drum corps types tend to not like to write much, unfortunately. Maybe some reasonable person will show up in this thread, but based on it so far, Google might be a better bet.

Faced with the threat of removing G horns from the activity in 1997, Peter Bond of the Metropolitan Opera and former principal trumpet of the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra wrote a comprehensive comparison of G bugles and band brass instruments entitled The G Bugle: History and Identity. The man is an expert and his analysis is truer today than ever. Should have all the information you need.

Faced with the threat of removing G horns from the activity in 1997, Peter Bond of the Metropolitan Opera and former principal trumpet of the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra wrote a comprehensive comparison of G bugles and band brass instruments entitled The G Bugle: History and Identity. The man is an expert and his analysis is truer today than ever. Should have all the information you need.

wow, this is awesome! never seen it before

You'll probably be very hard-pressed to find legitimate, peer-reviewed scholarly research on this topic, unfortunately. That article is probably the best and closest thing you'll find to suiting your needs and it isn't from a peer-reviewed scholarly source.