2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

Bc you just cut the potential talent pool in half. now instead of taking the top 20 guy and top 20 girls, youre settling for 20 people who wouldnt have made the cut if it were a mixed guard. Yeah it's neat to see them have an all female guard and yeah it's tradition, but i'd rather see a competitive phantom regiment vs a non competitive. When's the last time they had a really good all female guard? Competitively this is a stupid move.

That's not entirely accurate. Maybe the staff wrote for 20 guys and 20 gals. That wouldn't necessarily be the top 40 people, only the top 20 guys and 20 gals. Now, if the staff writes for 40 gals, you're potentially taking away some top performers, but maybe not. Maybe there are 30 gals who are the top performers and 10 guys in the mix. In that scenario, going all gals means that you're taking away 10 top performers with lesser ones.

This issue is not as cut and dry as made to look by your post.

I disagree completely. Having an all female guard brings a completely different aesthetic to the field, I think.

I don't think they are trying to "fix issues" here.

Nothing wrong with playing to the crowd...

Correct. Look at SCV '88 versus SCV '89. Same theme, but a completely different aesthetic on the field. I love all female guards, all male guards, and mixed guards. In the above example, I think SCV '88 was better designwise, but '88 was also powerful. Just different. Not good or bad. :lol:

prove me wrong.

Ha! :lol: Yes, let's "prove" an opinion!

prove me wrong by showing how when you switch from a mixed guard to an all female one that youre taking 20 people who would have otherwise been cut.

See my example of SCV '88 versus SCV '89. Of course, SCV'88 wasn't split 50/50 nor are most split guards, but that would really disagree with your opinion!

That's awesome! Now, I wonder if it will be similar to the all female, big bottomed, Phantom guards?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Corn feed Midwestern girls.

Nice choice Phantom. It'll be nice to have that all female vibe/quality back on the stage.

prove me wrong by showing how when you switch from a mixed guard to an all female one that youre taking 20 people who would have otherwise been cut.

Isn't it also possible (though maybe not likely) that in the past they've accepted some male members into the guard that were equal to (or slightly less talented than) some female tryouts, simply because they wanted to come accross as being more progressive and less traditional minded, for the people that think like you? :lol:

go watch the end of the 91 show and tell me an all female guard isn't a good thing ;)