Blue Stars Switch to Jupiter

I am sure their brass staff will get the Bluestar sounds out of the Jupiter line.

I will say I did enjoy playing the Yamaha mello with a Hammond 5mpv mouthpiece. And as I whole I thought everyone in our line and in front of our line was happy with the playability and quality of sound of each of the Yamaha instruments.

JMO

The Jupiter tubas are the best ones on the field, and the baris/euphs aren't far behind. I find the trumpets to be about average, but I agree with the poster that talked about the mellos...they are horrid.

And as the mello tech who had to deal with them, i agree, the mellos are less than stellar. I like my school Dynasty's much better.

And as the mello tech who had to deal with them, i agree, the mellos are less than stellar. I like my school Dynasty's much better.

Actually, I got to try one of the new model Jupiter mellos that Phantom use at the booth set up at Finals. MUCH better of a horn than what we use right now Steve and John. High G and F# not flat. AND the kicker here, the low C wasnt 30 cents flat lol I did, however, notice that with the new model had some back pressure in the upper register unlike the prototypes we have. I enjoyed the freeness that my horn had against this new one. Just my opinion I guess. :)

Commenting on the tubas and trumpets: I must agree with John. The tubas sound GREAT. Definitely, one of the best sounding on the market. But I did notice that most of the horns we have would break quite often. Valve problems, trigger issues, etc. The trumpets sound decent. Made very well. No breakage at Teal as far as I know.

I think its going to be great to hear Blue Stars on Jupiter. They have fixed the mellophones, and everything else is pretty solid. Should be interesting to hear THAT mello line on jupiters!!! :)

Reading Bush's memoir...Jupiter is where the WMD is hiding...

I kid. I've heard the Jupiter horns since the Quantum line arrived...and guess what....each year the horns get better and more reliable.

Jupiter's market is HS Bands and the R&D is being performed by select DCI corps.

My guess, Yamaha is not happy these horns are getting so much better. I don't believe everyone else in the HS Band game does not have the market share to compete.

Edited by Tom Brace

Teal Sound has been using the Jupiter Quantum Brass, Mapex Percussion and Majestic Keyboards since 2008 and have been extremely pleased with the results of this equipment and the service Jupiter has provided to us. As with any new line of equipment, there are always a few kinks to be worked out and the folks at Jupiter have been very eager and willing to work with us on helping to make those adjustments over the past few years with us. We are extremely excited to have an organization like the Blue Stars join our group of corps currently using the products they offer and we are certain they will enjoy playing on these horns as much as we have. We are also excited to say that we will be continuing to play on the Jupiter line of marching products and look forward to a long and healthy business relationship with Tabor and all the folks who represent them.

Randy W. Blackburn

Teal Sound Drum & Bugle Corps

Executive Director

well, looking on the bright side of things, at least we'll be playing on a brand new brassline :)

can't wait for the audition camp

well, looking on the bright side of things, at least we'll be playing on a brand new brassline :)

can't wait for the audition camp

Well said, wise young trumpet. Many exceptional world class brass lines over the years have played on instruments that were a pieced together, hodgepodge of any piece of metal that could be made to resemble an instrument. I would have loved to play on new brass. The closest I ever came to that was using my own new mouthpiece.

Edited by JF154283