Rivalries in DCI.

I have always heard this too. Rockford and Rosemont are very close to one another, and I always thought that they had a rivalry. Especially 2006...

LOL 2006? :thumbup:

This rivalry goes back a very long time. Much further than 4 years. Think decades.... :thumbup:

This is kinda a one-sided rivalry it seems like, but I've heard people say Academy and Troop.

Not much of a rivalry, even though I know peeps who think it is.

My opinion is 2011 might change things. :thumbup:

BD and PR after 2008...

Most rivalries tend to fade when the corps placement spread becomes too great. If you are fighting with a corps year in and year out to make semis....and within one season they make finals and you are still in 18th place, the rivalry fades fast.

ie In the early nineties Crossmen and Bluecoats were rivals, but that has faded over time. Ten years ago Carolina Crown wasn't even on The Cadets radar, within the past few season they are intense rivals on the field, maybe even off the field.

Makes me think: Any two corps rivals on the field but friendly in the lot? or visa versa?

From all I've heard, Cadets and Crown are pretty friendly in the lot.

Back in the 90's Boston and Freelancers!

This is kinda a one-sided rivalry it seems like, but I've heard people say Academy and Troop.

Not much of a rivalry, even though I know peeps who think it is.

My opinion is 2011 might change things. :thumbup:

BD and PR after 2008...

Yeah, there was a bit of a rivalry happening between Academy and Troop. Especially in 2008. We definitely respected The Academy, but we definitely wanted to go out and compete with them.

I thought it was always Madison vs. The Judges

or The Fans vs. The Judges ..... not sure which is stronger.

Madison/Fans vs. Judges lol.

I look through the posts here and see that all is the same in all areas of the world. I love how the BD and PR rivalry started in 2008! LOLOLOLOL

In 1981 the PR beat US the BD ONE time. It was at the Rockford show. Look at the recaps. There was no time that season where they were even close except for then. We disliked them from before I got there in 1981 with "Scrubbing Bubbles" being our name of choice for them.

In 1981 the SCV beat us for the championship. Not many know this but the Blue Devils FULL FIELD CORPS was put together by a few disgruntled members/staff from SCV... It was their goal to beat SCV and beat them badly. So the rivalry there started before the corps ever competed! Bringing us back to 1982 there were 4 isolated horn and drum attacks that ended the tune T.O. At ALL BD rehearsals while singing and marching those isolated hits became F%$^ The Vanguard... So please do know that Drum Corps rivalry is alive and well and many of your rivalries that you think you have... Were ours before we pased them down to you! :thumbup:

Edited to add this last part: I recently spoke with a young gentleman about marching in the Renegades... He is giving it consideration but has a hard time marching with BD ageouts as he was in SCV... In his words, "I know there are some really great people that come out of the Concord Corps but I have been trained to hate them..." This was in the past few months...

Edited by Big Bad Bari