What is the longest win streak in Drum Corps ?

What is the longest consecutive win streak in Drum Corps, and what Corps has that record ?

Something tells me it might have been the Cavaliers about 8-10 years ago, or maybe some Senior Corps, or what ever. 'Not sure though.

Who can tell us ? What was the consecutive win time period, how many wins was it, when did it end, and what Corps( s ) finally beat them to end their consecutive win streak ? I ask this because I don't know how far away from that record the currently undefeated Blue Devils are to it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BRASSO

What is the longest consecutive win streak in Drum Corps, and what Corps has that record ?

Something tells me it might have been the Cavaliers about 8-10 years ago, or maybe some Senior Corps, or what ever. 'Not sure though.

Who can tell us ? What was the consecutive win time period, how many wins was it, when did it end, and what Corps( s ) finally beat them to end their consecutive win streak ? I ask this because I don't know how far away from that record the currently undefeated Blue Devils are to it.

Thanks in advance.

On the DCA side, the Reading Buccaneers are the record-holder.... in the DCA era (dating back to the mid-1960s), at least. Six straight undefeated seasons through 2010. The last time they lost a show was on Labor Day weekend (DCA Finals) in 2004.

I have no idea about the numbers on the DCI side, but I'm guessing that a DCI corps... Blue Devils? Cavaliers?... holds the overall record for most consecutive wins, since the DCI corps compete in a lot more shows each season than do the DCA corps.

In terms of time period, the current Buccaneers streak in DCA has to be either close or the record. They have not lost a show in six years! The reason it may not be a record in terms of number of shows is simply because DCA corps do not compete in nearly as many shows as DCI each year. Bucs only competed 10 times last summer, while BD had 27 competitive performances scheduled (but two were rainouts).

Cadets three-pete

'83, '84, '85

they were not undefeated all 3 years

I'm thinking Cavies sometime in late 01 until they lost at some point in 03

I got this one.... The Cavaliers had an undefeated streak of 66 wins in between the '01 and '03 seasons, the Blue Devils are currently at 56 wins the last two seasons. So give the Blue Devils until Denver of next year, if they're still undefeated, they should take over holding the record.

In terms of years... that honor will go to the Bucs, 5 years undefeated. I guess Cavies have the record if you tally by competitions. Since all age corps do not have the luxury of as many performances. I take the 2 tier approach: Jr and All-age.

Cavies Jr

Bucs All-age

This may be the year for both records to end.