Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Uniform change yes. Costume change, no. The Cadets aren't going with some jumpsuit idea for this season, it is still based on the traditional uniform from what I understand. And it is most certainly in my right to like something one corps does and not like something that another corps does.

I really like the way crown performs, especially the brass. I really do not like the way that they have gotten rid of the traditional uniform style that the other corps have stuck to with few exceptions

Yes, it is most certainly your right to disagree with anything you choose to. If nothing else, it makes for great discussions. And in retrospect, I probably came down a little harder on you then I really meant to. I do agree with most of your posts, after all. I just get really frustrated when (and I'm not saying you did this) people bash what a corps is wearing and deciding they won't even watch a show because of it. Again, they have that right to bash all they want, I just don't understand it and tend to question it. That being said, I can't wait to see The Cadets' 2011 Production! Unlike the majority of the people on dcp, I absolutely LOVE George Hopkins, and I wish I had the chance to study under him. I know I won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

Yes, it is most certainly your right to disagree with anything you choose to. If nothing else, it makes for great discussions. And in retrospect, I probably came down a little harder on you then I really meant to. I do agree with most of your posts, after all. I just get really frustrated when (and I'm not saying you did this) people bash what a corps is wearing and deciding they won't even watch a show because of it. Again, they have that right to bash all they want, I just don't understand it and tend to question it. That being said, I can't wait to see The Cadets' 2011 Production! Unlike the majority of the people on dcp, I absolutely LOVE George Hopkins, and I wish I had the chance to study under him. I know I won't be disappointed.

Crown consistently performs at a high level, and I cannot wait to see their show, equally as much as I am anticipating any other corps. I may not agree with some of the choices that the Crown admin may make, or what some of the members do on tour, but what fan doesn't have SOME opinion about something that is out of their control! (especially on this forum...)

Lets be real, crappy uniforms/costumes don't make for a crappy show. I thought the 2010 suits were like people with very hairy chests wearing fuzzy v-neck shirts, but all 150 hairy chested members performed the heck out of the show. When someone asks me if I enjoyed a show from whatever year, I respond with a simple yes or no, not taking into account what the individual corps members looked like that year.

• Like 1

So no one has heard anything about their rep yet?

Rachmaninoff

They're going to perform like Rach Stars

I thought the 2010 suits were like people with very hairy chests wearing fuzzy v-neck shirts, but all 150 hairy chested members performed the heck out of the show.

Like 150 Robin Williamses moving around on a field...

• Like 1

I thought the 2010 suits were like people with very hairy chests wearing fuzzy v-neck shirts, but all 150 hairy chested members performed the heck out of the show.

I will say that I didn't quite get last year's "look". And honestly, I was a little disappointed when I saw that Crown was using brown in their color scheme AGAIN. I don't hate the brown look, I was just growing a little tired of it since Crown has used virtually that same color scheme in '07 and '08. But given this years' theme, I think (and hope) they'll give the brown a rest this year. :satisfied:

• Like 3

I love that Crown consistently has the "biggest" sound in drum corps.

That horn line has floored me for several years now... especially 2009, which is my new gold standard for drum corps horn lines during my years in the drum corps activity.

Hearing that horn line play "up close and personal" at field level, 50-yard line, at the NJ Meadowlands that summer....what a treat. Unbelievable sound.

• Like 1

+1 to that. Drum corps uniforms (except maybe the Cadets) stopped looking like anything remotely military long before 2010.

49670308.png

Case in point. :cool: