Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

Did you know George Parks?

I don't understand how Crown gets away with such corny shows. White bread white bread white bread

Yes...when I think of corny I think of double and triple tonguing, 16th note running brass lines. What are you smoking?

• Like 1

If it's a joke, it's a good one... props to Crown for making me laugh!

If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? :doh:

Did you know George Parks?

Actually, No.

I am simply making an observation that trying the same things over and over again, and get the same (inadequate) result, is illogical.

Crown knows what it needs to do, to seriously challenge for a championship. It has the brass book and staff to win a title. That is not the problem. What needs to change significantly is visual execution. (Percussion also appears to be holding them back as well. But the big, glaring deficiency is in visual. Both in individual and ensemble performance, they just measure up to BD's standard.)

Until they change either their staff, instructional methods, or member selection, this is not going to change. And people will continue to wonder why they come up short, year after year. You cannot finish 5th in visual, as they did in San Antonio, and seriously expect to win. It simply won't happen.

Yes...when I think of corny I think of double and triple tonguing, 16th note running brass lines. What are you smoking?

What does brass technique have to do with the actual music and production being put on? You literally missed the entire point of my post.

Me: Wow the overall production is corny, how do they get away with that?

You: THEY TRIPLE TONGUE AND PLAY THE FAST NOTES

• Like 1

what a stupid post. you bring shame to your family.

He said nothing about their musical talent. he said the show is corny, which it is. the hornline is great, the drumline is very solid, and they're executing it visually. The show is just corny. conversely, SCV isn't executing their show nearly as well as Crown, but it's a much better show.

execution and enjoyment of design are not the same thing.

• Like 1

what a stupid post. you bring shame to your family.

He said nothing about their musical talent. he said the show is corny, which it is. the hornline is great, the drumline is very solid, and they're executing it visually. The show is just corny. conversely, SCV isn't executing their show nearly as well as Crown, but it's a much better show.

execution and enjoyment of design are not the same thing.

ding ding ding ding ding!

• Like 1