2011 World Class Repertoires

Last year's show had a theme which I would never have gleaned from the performance alone. In fact even knowing the theme in advance, I still had no idea what the show was "about".

Didn't really matter -- it was entertaining and effective.

I agree with all of that. It had an infectious groove throughout each piece, and honestly, how many corps can you say that about?

I'm looking forward to the ballad now, for sure.

Mike

The same forum has leaked the Bluecoats show ph34r.gif

Gotcha!

I've been watching for official confirmation from the corps websites/FB pages but I guess if keep doing that then some corps shows won't get posted until May.

any news on the Crown show... "Rach Star"

Spirit show title anyone?

There's a film noir style poster on their website entitled.... intrigue.

Gotcha!

I've been watching for official confirmation from the corps websites/FB pages but I guess if keep doing that then some corps shows won't get posted until May.

Apparently we all need to be asking drummers about shows -- they don't seem to be able to keep a lid on it smile.gif

Gotcha!

you really should not go by leaked info, the reason a corps might not be announcing could be because they are still working out the copywright/permissions issues and will announce once they know they can do a certain piece or not.

you really should not go by leaked info, the reason a corps might not be announcing could be because they are still working out the copywright/permissions issues and will announce once they know they can do a certain piece or not.

where's the fun in that... :winky:

Although I won't post the "A Muppet Christmas Carol" by Blue Devils rumour that somebody sent me... suspecting that's not real.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't really care about stuff like that for the most part, either . . .a show either reaches out and grabs me or goes over like a lead balloon depending on musical/visual choices (and Radiohead definitely is something I'm down with).

However, from a critique/repeat viewing sort of thing, one wonders if this won't end up a lot like "Imagine" to most folks from a "describe the theme of the show" POV.

In my opinion, having a deeper meaning for a show doesn't necessarily need to reach the audience. The performers know what is symbolized by each part of the show and it makes performing each part a little more involving and helps to make the performance a little more fun. I don't really care if the audience didn't understand that the opening set to last year's show symbolized more than a curvy line. Or why the guard was leaning at the angle. I just like knowing that there is a purpose for everything we have in a show.

As for 2011, we have very cool music lined up, for sure.

• Like 1

In my opinion, having a deeper meaning for a show doesn't necessarily need to reach the audience. The performers know what is symbolized by each part of the show and it makes performing each part a little more involving and helps to make the performance a little more fun. I don't really care if the audience didn't understand that the opening set to last year's show symbolized more than a curvy line. Or why the guard was leaning at the angle. I just like knowing that there is a purpose for everything we have in a show.

As for 2011, we have very cool music lined up, for sure.

is you sig correct? Congrats on the promotion!

is you sig correct? Congrats on the promotion!

Thanks! I am one of two DMs this year. The other's name is Dave Schaefer, he's been a conductor since 2009.

• Like 1