Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

Anyone care to move this topic to something other than the demise of our activity? How bout the good so far this season? Who's bringing it? Who's looking strong?

Well, I think the converstaion started that way BUT went south when some didn't agree. An adult conversation on the activity isn't a bad thing...It's not all sequins and rhinestones for sure.

With that said, I have heard great things about Sac as well as the opposite, same with Braddock, I have seen Onyx and if it's my cup of tea or not they are mature and strong and I'm sure will do well. I hear very good things about Black Watch but can't confirm, Juxta is very mature and I think could do well.

I will write of a few others later no time now hehehehehehe :smile:

http://chromotive.blogspot.com/2008/12/not-being-able-to-create-art-they-will.html

regarding onyx,reference the work of poet charles bukowski.

Sorry wasn't trying to sound argumentative. I just really am passionate about guard becoming a fun activity again. Many slow song guards are amazing and needed. Just throwing some upbeat fun in there more often would be nice :)

Sorry wasn't trying to sound argumentative. I just really am passionate about guard becoming a fun activity again. Many slow song guards are amazing and needed. Just throwing some upbeat fun in there more often would be nice :)

Don't be sorry . Many feel the same way :thumbup: we can use all types of shows.That's what makes a great guard show, regional or championship. Who wants to look at any of the same thing 15 times.

we all have our likes and dislikes for me give me 3rd like Pride last year any day over 1st or 2nd and to be recieved by that crowd in the way that they were, a great guard and total entertainers. YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO BOTH !!!!!!.

I am LOVING Kettering Fairmont's show this year as the penguins of "Happy Feet". The crowd is loving them too! Very entertaining and appealing to the masses. Go Doug!! Great show!

Bellbrook is an extremely talented bunch! Their show design is excellent as usual. Yay Sheldon!!!

Last but not least Miamisburg is looking FANTASTIC! They are using their bodies more this year and the equipment work is difficult and amazing! Glad to see Cathy back in charge!!!! The girls of Miamisburg's Jr. High and Elementary guards BRING IT as well. They know how to train them in the Burg.

If you can see these three at any point during the season you will not be disappointed! Woot Woot MEPA!!!

Turning this subject back to what's good, finally saw Field of View last night and LOVE what they're doing. Plus they have the most beautiful sets of flags..very colorful show.

my info says they were designed by the witty brilliant fashion designer and former marching member jay mccarroll! :thumbup:

Could someone explain what James Logan World is doing? What is it? It seems that there should be a point to it but I'm totally missing it.

Santa Clara - thumbs up!!!!