Cadets 2011

QUOTE (skewerz @ Dec 3 2010, 03:12 PM) favorite show evah!!!

Thanks thumbup.gif

(member of the mellophone line that year)

FYI I have one of the original two King French horn bugles from Sky. I bought it from the corps directly, responding to an ad in Drum Corps World. It is in great shape (one dent, but it looks like it can be easily taken out), and has been unplayed since I got in at least 20 years ago.

Thirty years ago? :thumbup:

Edited by wvu80

Rumor has it apparently that Cadets are looking at splitting the corps into light and dark sides, swapping the color scheme for half of the uniforms. If so, that's pretty cool - it can definitely be used to good visual effect (Southwind in recent memory and Sky Ryders in not so recent memory).

Again, though - that's a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. :lol:

Mike

I've heard rumors that may back that up as well. Basically one half of the corps in the traditional unis, the other half in "inverted" colors (like the back of the '05 unis). Personally, I think that could be a mess visually, unless Sacktig takes the time to fit in every other one for the ensemble moments. If that's the case, it could be pretty darn cool.

Was anyone able to attend the camp this weekend? I heard they played part of the show.

The horn line played the first two minutes. I really liked what I heard. It sounds like the aggressive, in-your-face Cadets of old.

• Like 1

I was also listening to AitA today. You can almost "see" Cadets doing this show.

What I was wondering is what Cadets will do with the ending, musically. The original has a down ending, with weird singing and sound effects. I think that should be the "first half of the season" ending. Then for finals, Cadets should "drum corps-ize" that musical ending and put a frenetic push on the end. The crowd, will of course, go wild.If a dummy like me can visualize two endings, think of what all those smart people over at Cadets can (and will) do with it.

Lol...sounds sort of like what we did in 2000.

The horn line played the first two minutes. I really liked what I heard. It sounds like the aggressive, in-your-face Cadets of old.

If what you're saying is true, I can't wait to hear it.

I heard a clip of the music from a friend who was at the audition camp performance, and I am VERY excited to see where this show takes the Cadets this season. What a hornline - holy crap its only December. As the expert I must say, I am very, very impressed

• Like 2

I heard a clip of the music from a friend who was at the audition camp performance, and I am VERY excited to see where this show takes the Cadets this season. What a hornline - holy crap its only December. As the expert I must say, I am very, very impressed

agreed...I just listened to the clip I recorded on my Iphone again...its really good...the arrangement sounds great!

I can't wait for the next camp

• Like 1

Rumor has it apparently that Cadets are looking at splitting the corps into light and dark sides, swapping the color scheme for half of the uniforms. If so, that's pretty cool - it can definitely be used to good visual effect (Southwind in recent memory and Sky Ryders in not so recent memory).

Again, though - that's a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. :lol:

Mike

Stuff like this has the potential to create cool visual effects, but the Blue Stars learned their lesson in 07 with the dual colored pants. The payoff was no where near the overall negative effect created in terms of making the drill look sloppy and hard to follow. Might be a bit different with whole uniforms tho, and if history has taught us anything Cadets NEVER make bad design decisions..........BAAAAAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! whew, don't care WHO you are that's funny right there!

• Like 1