Cadets 2011

Did the hornline spin the PVC pipes?

It did not look like they did on the broadcast but they were doing some sort of exchange between members. Based on the all access video, I think they are actually wooden dowels.

Who else thoroughly enjoyed the contrast between the two different colors with the drill? I can't believe what Jeff has written for the corps this year. Now they just have to be able to march it, ohterwise it will be another hard Cadets show that stays dirty until August lol

Did the hornline spin the PVC pipes?

It did not look like they did on the broadcast but they were doing some sort of exchange between members. Based on the all access video, I think they are actually wooden dowels.

Who else thoroughly enjoyed the contrast between the two different colors with the drill? I can't believe what Jeff has written for the corps this year. Now they just have to be able to march it, ohterwise it will be another hard Cadets show that stays dirty until August lol

Overall, I dug it. Looks to be a killer show!

I'm curious, though: what's the deal with all the concussion talk? Did something happen? I was one of the first 150 to jump on, and they were discussing that some of the members had concussions and were watching from the stands, explaining the holes in the drill. Anyone know what happened? I can't imagine it's related to the Trooper's bus accident... is it?

I heard there was a tuba/trumpet collision with resulting concussions.

I can't imagine how difficult this would be to write, but yes. I was thoroughly impressed with what Jeff came up with. Once clean, this will be some effective drill.

Scary difficult show so far, it seems. An ensemble nightmare with so much call-answer split corps, especially in the opening number and the ballad. They're gonna have to be VERY comfortable with that opener, because otherwise it just sounds like a bunch of random licks and stabs without much direction, but it will come together soon. Can't wait to watch it again and again, and can't wait for the ending.

Scary difficult show so far, it seems. An ensemble nightmare with so much call-answer split corps, especially in the opening number and the ballad. They're gonna have to be VERY comfortable with that opener, because otherwise it just sounds like a bunch of random licks and stabs without much direction, but it will come together soon. Can't wait to watch it again and again, and can't wait for the ending.

Which ending?

... There might be three. :)

Which ending?

... There might be three. :)

The one where it's a bloodbath. You thought a few deaths in Spartacus was awesome...

The one where it's a bloodbath. You thought a few deaths in Spartacus was awesome...

Maybe they could pull off a "rapture" ending, with all the angels disappearing from the field, and the demons left there like, "Whaaaaaa???"