Cadets 2011

Six bass drums FTW! If they all make it through the summer this will be the first six man bass line since '01 Madison.

Just listened to the Cadets drumline playing their opener and the end of their show; I don't know much about drums, but the snares and tenors are doing some interesting stuff at the end switching off Angels/Demons. May not be clean, but looks promising.

Yeah, I saw a similar video, and the arranging of the battery definitely points to split parts (i.e. half the snares play one thing, another half play another part). I'm not too surprised, as that makes sense given the show theme. But it is cool to know that at least part of the time there will likely be interesting music arrangements involving split membership.

The more I see/hear about this show, the more excited I am for it: more excited for Cadets 2011 in May than I have been in awhile! :thumbup:

Six bass drums FTW! If they all make it through the summer this will be the first six man bass line since '01 Madison.

I imagine Cadets kept the numbers even in order to create a "split" of angels and demons (six bass, eight snares, four tenors).

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw a similar video, and the arranging of the battery definitely points to split parts (i.e. half the snares play one thing, another half play another part). I'm not too surprised, as that makes sense given the show theme. But it is cool to know that at least part of the time there will likely be interesting music arrangements involving split membership.

The more I see/hear about this show, the more excited I am for it: more excited for Cadets 2011 in May than I have been in awhile! :thumbup:

Are all the battery sections even numbers then? What is the breakout?

I imagine Cadets kept the numbers even in order to create a "split" of angels and demons (six bass, eight snares, four tenors).

Yep and I bet the split parts tie into visual ideas as well

• Like 1

6 tenors, 8 snares, 6 basses

I'm PRETTY sure of that.

The video I saw had 4 tenors, but that might be missing a few tenors. I saw them playing in an arc, no drill, so there were no noticeable holes.

Edited by perc2100