DCPI-15 Discussion Thread

Galen

Treasure Coast Gold is happy with its late season progress which has culminated in a 5th place finish at DCPI prelims. This being only the 2nd season for the corps, the kids and staff are delighted with the experience, and the wonder accommodations in Tokyo.

The show "Divertimento: The American Masters" has been a fan favorite this year. For those of you that do not know (and since I did not make a show announcement post nobody does) The show incorporates the music of Bernstein, Copland and Gershwin; and mashes them up with the piece Divertimento by Roger Cichy. The Cichy piece uses the note B, C, and G (the first letters in the surnames of Bernstein, Copland and Gershwin) as dominant notes throughout the work. The wonderful arrangement by brass arranger Ray Rogers, and Percussion arranger Jason Ciralusso is easily accessible by audiences and fun to play for the corps.

The corps is only .5 points out of first place and hopes to improve upon its position as the week progresses.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forward Dynamics punished in Tokyo tonight, with Xothyme finishing 2nd in Class A, the Oregon Marauders taking the top spot in Open, and Polaris Regiment also in 2nd in World Class. Can the season end right now? :tongue:

Here's hoping for a strong push through the last couple shows for my corps!

Oh No!!! :huh:

Tokyo Japan World Class Quarterfinals

on 2011-02-10

Division: World Class

PLACE GE VISUAL MUSIC SCORE TOTALS

Place TOTAL TOTAL TOTAL SubTotal Penalty FINAL

The Stud Bolts

1 39.900 27.795 28.370 96.065 0.000 96.065

Don't sweat it- 2nd round is a good round to win. First time I won, I won the second round, and I'm pretty sure I did it at least one other time too.

Right now FC United corps are in the hunt, exactly where they want to be.

Inferno dropped over a point from Prelims.... That blows. Blaze lost several tenths but maintained 15th. Both are done. Flame showed about a .5 gain and held on to a Finals spot. We're happy for them here at SFMO, but the late season dropoff for our top two corps is definitely disappointing, considering that just a couple weeks ago, all three corps were solidly in Finals spots.

I'd apologize for bumping people from finals for A Class, but that would be nice. :lle:

Dear Menagerie,

Wrigley_Manuel_Scoreboard_2009.JPG

Signed,

NOVACorps

:cool:

DCPI 13 - Quarters Winner: Texas Zephyrs (Finals: 6th)

Shows how on top of things I've been...I completely forgot I won quarters two seasons ago.

Not as active on the board as I would have liked to be this year (yay declare-a-major semester!), but I'm fairly satisfied with where the Zephyrs are now. It's been an up-and-down year, but hopefully we can use our momentum from placing second in Semis to medal for the first time since our inaugural season (when we came back from sixth-to-last seed going into Championships week to place third).

Scores are up, congrats to our Open and A Class Champions!

Look for a big announcement tomorrow! (other than World Class finals scores of course)

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

2nd place in both Open and Class A :doh:

2nd place by 0.01 in Class A :wall:

It's all good. Two more medals to add to the collection. Congratulations to the Champions! Best of luck to the World Class corps tomorrow!