DCPI-15 Discussion Thread

Galen

Wednesday's events:

Hodges Stadium at Jacksonville University hosts FDO's home show:

JacksonvilleFLHodgesStadium9000.jpg

Portland ME's Deering HS hosts the Knights' last home event before they move out of Maine:

PortlandMEDeeringHS3000.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday's events:

Midwest corps inch closer towards their next Sweepstakes event with a stop in Dayton OH. With temperatures approaching single digits, corps and color guards alike will definitely wish they were inside the UD Arena as they compete at Kettering-Fairmont HS:

DaytonOHFairmontHS6000.jpg

The west coast show in Grant's Pass will take place slightly off-map, moving to the US Cellular Park Sports Complex turf field in nearby Medford:

MedfordORUSCellularParkField2500-1.jpg

And despite going inactive for this season, Star of Jupiter will still host one of their 2 home events at Palm Bay HS in Melbourne FL:

MelbourneFLPalmBayHS4000-1.jpg

Flame notched their first victory in Melbourne. This weekend will be especially intense for all three corps as we try to make a run heading into our home show next week, in preparation for regionals.

Today's events, the last before the second sweepstakes event:

Kingston ONT's Richardson Stadium is the site of the first Canadian show of the season:

KingstonONTRichardsonStadium2.jpg

Midwest corps travel to Grandville MI (in the Grand Rapids section of the "hand"):

GrandvilleMIGrandvilleHS7000-1.jpg

West coast corps return to northern California with a visit to Diablo Valley College's stadium in Concord CA:

ConcordCADVCVikingStadium3000.jpg

I have a problem. My corps, The New Islanders, was entered in the Dayton, OH event, but my corps was not scored. Why did this happen?

Big night last night in Oregon for the WCAMA organization. Supremacy jumped 2 points putting them into 15th overall. Stardom jumped 2 points to put them 9th overall. And OLV Jumped 2.5 points to put them in 1st overall!

At the Dayton, OH show, the Quilt Cadets got their first, first place finish. Gaining best visual at the show, and high visual of all Open Class, which made a remarkable jump from 30th to 3rd Place.

Edited by percussionplyr

I have a problem. My corps, The New Islanders, was entered in the Dayton, OH event, but my corps was not scored. Why did this happen?

It didn't show on the scoreboard but your score is on the recap page. It looks like there is room for only 20 corps to be listed on scoreboard - some upcoming shows have well over 20 corps appearing, so all the A corps will likely not show on the front page several more times.

Well, week 3 is certainly looking better than week 2 did. :thumbup:

Crimson Lions: The Lost Chord is indeed shaping into a solid show - from "Departure" to "House of Four Doors", an overall well received musical adventure.

Although I have heard some younger attendees several times now ask "Who is Timothy Leary?"... :doh:

The Barnstormers have also been enjoying recent solid performances, staying tight in the race with their foot-stomping, crowd-inciting version of "Call Me the Breeze".

Our Privateers have not had an easy ride so far... we knew it was an ambitious show and it has been performed admirably, but with several injuries during the 'pillage & plunder' segment, misfiring cannons and a tempermental ghost ship, the show has been very inconsistent and suffered greatly. The members are still very enthusiastic, eager to appear and display a hardy performance.

The sheer volume and variety of corps, the incredible performances and oh-so-tight scoring has this season looking to be a blockbuster all the way to Tokyo. Cheers to all on a spectacular Season XV so far!

Tonight's a big, BIG night of competition with four sweepstakes events taking place in four corners of the country.

Les Blanc Chevaliers stage their home show for eastern corps at Montreal's Olympic Stadium:

MontrealQUEOlympicStadium65000.jpg

Midwest corps head up to Sparty's house in East Lansing:

LansingMISpartanStadium75000-1.jpg

The Southern Star Cup, the south's premiere event, once again takes place at Brighthouse Stadium in Orlando:

OrlandoFLBrighthouseStadium45000.jpg

West coast corps enter the valley of Silicon for the California Invitational in San Jose, sponsored by Google:

SanJoseCASpartanStadium25000-2.jpg