Shane Gwaltney

I never predict (no future in it :winky: ) ...but I predict that Shane's line will do as good or better than the vis, ge, brass, guard and overall placement of PR in 2011. Book it!

If some of PR's percussion vets move west...so be it. Shane has the chops to mold a young, skilled and willing line....all he needs is the rest of the PR package to stay at a high level of design and performance.

Interesting, a bet we could actually both win and both lose lol. :thumbup:

Edited by BozzlyB

If some of PR's percussion vets move west...so be it. Shane has the chops to mold a young, skilled and willing line...

His line will hardly be inexperienced considering almost half of Spirit 2k10's battery/front ensemble followed him.

Edited by TheGrizz

> The volume of growth over a season is more impressive to me than only finals night achievements most of the time.

If this is a true statement, BigHoosierMack, that you are most impressed with volume of growth and not final performance "most" of the time, then I suppose "most" of your ticket money goes for Open Class shows, "most" of your Souvie money goes to Open Class corps', and you "mostly" enjoy Open Class Finals over World Class finals; because it is in the Open Class venue venue, not World Class, where the "most" impressive volumes of growth exist within the individual as well as the ensemble.

Edited by Stu

His line will hardly be inexperienced considering almost half of Spirit 2k10's battery/front ensemble followed him.

Interesting. Given Spirit's 15th place line last year I wonder what this means for Phantom's drumline in 2011. Let's say all the guys from Spirit that try out make the line. One would have to assume the rest of the auditioning talent is of like or less quality, esentially indicating Phantom's drumline in 2011 will be around 15th place from a talent level. Anyone know how the Spirit vets that came to Rockford have done in auditions?

Interesting. Given Spirit's 15th place line last year I wonder what this means for Phantom's drumline in 2011. Let's say all the guys from Spirit that try out make the line. One would have to assume the rest of the auditioning talent is of like or less quality, esentially indicating Phantom's drumline in 2011 will be around 15th place from a talent level. Anyone know how the Spirit vets that came to Rockford have done in auditions?

Well, I would assume that the Spirit vets moving to Phantom would have improved to at least 12th place or better talent this year. Then you have students who want to march with Phantom of varying talent levels, say 1st place talent and down...

They'll probably be fine. It's a combination of all the elements.

I wonder how Spirit's talent will be...

The last couple of responses make my point. Given a better placing corp maybe he will get the true recognition he deserves or maybe he deserves the placement they've been getting. I expect at the very least a top 6 placement in percussion.

If that happens I would call his first year a complete success.

Edited by Phantombari1

good point. i too thought about this. maybe theyll be better than BK? they were on the bottom side of things last year..

Why would you have to assume that? I personally know a guy from one of last year's top 6 lines that's marching Phantom this year. He's pretty talented and seems to think they'll do well.

The last couple of responses make my point. Given a better placing corp maybe he will get the true recognition he deserves or maybe he deserves the placement they've been getting. I expect at the very least a top 6 placement in percussion.

If that happens I would call his first year a complete success.

That is expecting an aweful lot from a brand new staff and membership, given the fact that SCV came in 9th last year at Finals. Which lines do you feel PR can beat from last year's top 9? And why?