What will be new in souvie sensation this summer?

COWBELLS. lots and lots of COWBELLS!

A DCP macro keypad that has a series of stock replies and complaints pre-set into a single key.

Like your favorites:

F1 - Amps suck!

F2 - Hoppy

F3 - Drum corps just isn't the same since the 19__'s

F4 - George Hopkins

F5 - It's the Greedy 8's fault

F6 - DC is dying

F7 - GH is at it again

and more!

COWBELLS. lots and lots of COWBELLS!

lol...we ladies chatted at dinner 2 years ago..."should we start a parade corps?" "yikes, i haven't marched sop since 72!" "ok just drums; all female former members only" "well maybe, we'll need 8 snares though?" "ok, I'll play snare but this time I want the cowbell!" "let's go to Indy in 2010." We went. Last August my suitcase had T shirts and DCW issues; Brenda had 10 pairs of drum sticks. Even if we bought cowbells, they may go beep beep beep at the airport;-) So how about decals? A page from my AAG scrapbook of our 1977 drum corps tour. The silver decal is from The Blues I.Y.B.C. a band we met in the UK.

scrapbook1-a.jpg

...and a few decals on my briefcase from our 78 drum corps tour along the west coast and on up to Denver. All I got at 1978 DCI finals was a program.

Drum Corps decals would be nice or fridge magnets (as long as they fit in my carry on:)

decal1.jpg

Vibram five finger shoes in corps colors would be amazing.

EDIT: Actually, a Corps wearing them for competition would be amazing

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Edited by dasboot
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

As a DCI souvie seller, I can offer one important piece of advice: if you see an item you like, buy it immediately because it might never come back. The truth is only a few products are strong sellers. T-shirts are the only true sure thing and even then you run the risk of having an unpopular design. We try to have a nice assortment for people who already have too many t-shirts, but if anything from that assortment is a poor seller we don't order any more and we come back the next season with a different idea.

Also, if you are looking for a certain item and your favorite corps doesn't have it please ask us if we know which corps do. Most of the souvie people work together all summer and we get to know each others' products pretty well. For example, if you want a corps-branded flash drive I would direct you to the Blue Devils. If you want corps-branded bass drum mallets the Cavaliers are the place to go. Other corps often send people our direction if they want teddy bears. The Academy always has a large inventory of 4x-5x sizes. You get the idea... please shop around and support everyone.

• Like 1