DCI rules proposals released

Well, goodness. I'm flattered to be held at such high regard as to solve DCI's problems single handedly!

Don't get to excited....we have upgraded your position/title.....not your pay... :tounge2:

Edited by Triple Forte

Since when is proof a requirement to post on DCP? Did they change the rules? tongue.gif

Seriously, yes, of course you're right. But if you were BD, fighting for a six-pete (or whatever) would you take the "Madison chance" and program for the crowd or would you program for the sheets?

We can ask, but I'm not sure the answer will reflect the true motivation of the design team.

(look down here)

l

l

l

l

V

Positive reps? I'm confused....I thought you were going for the bad boy image?

BTW, what do get with the most positive reps......a toaster? :blink:

ok quick...who won DCI in 1998?

now how won the Disney award in 1998.

right

And the point is........?

a large smile button, and 3 months 50% discount subscription to Tony Robbins books, newsletters, tapes, DVD's and cassettes.

Edited by BRASSO

a large smile button, and 3 months 50% discount subscription to Tony Robbins books, newsletters, tapes, DVD's and cassettes.

I would be much more motivated to go for it if the prize was a copy of Stewart Smalley's book, "There I Go...Shoulding All Over Myself!"

IIRC, in 76 the crowd in Philly sat on ther hands for Cavies, let loose for the (east coast) Bridgemen & 27.

Hey..... the Bridgemen.... from NJ..... got a gigantic reception from the crowd in Birmingham in 1979 and 1980.

Then again.... maybe the Bridgemen letting the South win the Civil War those two years had something to do with it. :tongue:

Positive reps? I'm confused....I thought you were going for the bad boy image?

Me? Bad boy? With this face?? blink.gif

Maybe the bad math image...I've got a realistic chance of winning that one.

• Like 2

Lot's of people on here quite intentional adopting "pop culture entertainment" as the definition in play. Clearly that's not the definition being considered.

Let's say the caption is defined:

Evaluate the effectiveness of the program and the performers. The ability to maintain a connection with the audience through a combination of components contributes to effect. The performers are measured in part through excellence but, more significantly, in their ability to communicate the product to the audience.

Do you think anyone could possibly do this? How can anyone know how well an audience communicates? How does one measure a "connection" to the audience?

Did you mis-type here? The issue is how well the corps communicates to the audience, not the other way around.

One only need look at 2008 to see how well an audience can "communicate".

Especially when you compare it to another show, like, for instance, a particular show from 2010. ph34r.gif

• Like 1

Did you mis-type here? The issue is how well the corps communicates to the audience, not the other way around.

One only need look at 2008 to see how well an audience can "communicate".

Especially when you compare it to another show, like, for instance, a particular show from 2010. ph34r.gif

sheep.jpg

Yeah -- typo.

Should have read

How can anyone know how well a program communicates?

• Like 1