DCI rules proposals released

And the point is........?

who remember who won the Fan award?

no one. how many corps even mention it after finals?

few if any.

they all want the big title. thats why putting any kind of importance on a fan network or disney award means nothing

Hey..... the Bridgemen.... from NJ..... got a gigantic reception from the crowd in Birmingham in 1979 and 1980.

Then again.... maybe the Bridgemen letting the South win the Civil War those two years had something to do with it. :tongue:

and even better Auburn and Alabama never had a real winner in the football game :tongue:

few if any.

they all want the big title. thats why putting any kind of importance on a fan network or disney award means nothing

The wave :bigsmile: and alumni :smile: at semis 2010 won my heart...my FMM corps director said "If we could start a corps with them?" His wife said "We're not in the drum corps business anymore". We're fans, always have been, always will be.

few if any.

Oh yeah???? ......well..... in that case I agree! :tongue:

Did you mis-type here? The issue is how well the corps communicates to the audience, not the other way around.

One only need look at 2008 to see how well an audience can "communicate".

Especially when you compare it to another show, like, for instance, a particular show from 2010. ph34r.gif

Cadets? :ph34r:

• Like 1

1. Harmless. Pass it. Why restrict musical creativity?

2. Good ol' common sense. The best place for a soundman is in the audience.

3. I like what Mason is trying to do, and I agree with much of his proposal, but do we really want to give corps' honks even MORE of a reason to stand and scream the entire show? If the audience knows its reaction is going to end up on the score sheet, imagine how skewed scores could become at home shows. Imagine how much more obnoxious staffs could become in the stands. Also, how do you account for the steadily growing audience throughout events, specifically the large World Class events?

• Like 1