1980 vs 2010

Afraid not. I have no clue who Brass Expert is...

I once worked in Georgia's mental health prison...you think that place scares me...ha!

And I do know difficult marching when I see it, problem is when you get so busy listening to a brass line you don't see that you are about to get clocked by the bass drum line coming at you like a freight train...

...and I don't care what you youngsters think difficult marching is...difficult marching was practicing with North Star in a parking lot dodging light poles while marching contra.

The second most-important function of a good bass line... w00t.gif

We've all done parking lot rehearsals before..... you're no different. Now trying dodging those light poles at 180 while doing a 4 to 5 backwards? Thanks

uphill, both ways, in the snow, barefoot.

Told you it'd end here...

tongue.gif

• Like 2

tongue.gif

:tongue:

Funny!

tongue.gif

I hate it when you're right.....

So give me some positive rep, please. I'm shamelessly racing Ream.

tongue.gif

Done.

Drumcorps marched cleaner in 1980. Watch the videos, it is not even close. The mentality that what worked in 1980 does not work anymore is ignorant.

You answered your own question. Which I think means, you weren't really asking a question, were you? You were here to make a claim. That's ok....just do it.

The answer is yes, corps marched cleaner in 1980.

Today's movement isn't marching in the traditional sense...It's a different animal. Not saying better or worse, it's just evolved into something different.

It changed into something different. I wouldn't call it evolving. I'm a creationist